Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 issue

alexwalter88

I just got these, plugged in the wireless USB device, plugged in the charge cable because I wanted to use them right away, and then I fired up the headset and installed the software and drivers. It's paired with the USB device, lights are solid blue, but I could get no sound. I tried turning turning off the headset by holding down the button, but nothing happened, I can't turn it off. Then I noticed that the charge light was solid amber, which is not mentioned in the quick start guide. If I unplug the charge cable the amber light remains on.

I tried leaving it plugged in overnight, but it's still the same situation. So now I'm just waiting for the battery to completely discharge, and hopefully it works like the poster in the other related thread.

Nope, I assumed I could charge it and use it. Granted, I didn't read the quick start guide before using it which says to charge it fully before first use, but I still don't think it is correct behaviour for the headset to completely not function until you let it discharge fully after making this mistake. I'm sure many other new buyers will make the same mistake.

After letting the headset fully discharge it is working correctly now, so I didn't get a chance to try the pairing reset.

However, the first step is "Turn the headset off by pressing the power button until the blue indicator light below the power button goes out." I was unable to turn the headset off when the problem was happening. The blue power light was solidly on when not pressing the button and while holding down the button for 30 seconds. It never turned off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Under normal circumstances, you will never need to manually "pair" the Vengeance 2000 with the included wireless USB adapter ("dongle"). However, if the status indicator on the dongle does not stop blinking, you can try pairing the dongle and the headset.

Here's how to do it:

Turn the headset off by pressing the power button until the blue indicator light below the power button goes out.

Insert the wireless adapter into your PC's USB port.

With the end of an unfolded paper clip, press the recessed pairing button on the wireless adapter.

After about ten seconds, the indicator light on the wireless adapter will blink rapidly.

Press and hold the power button on the headset for about ten seconds, until the headset indicator light blinks rapidly.

The light on the wireless adapter will go solid blue, and the light on the headset will flash slowly (about two seconds between each flash)

The headset and wireless USB adapter are now paired.

I now have the same problem. I have been using this headset for a while, but for the first time the headset has locked up, meaning that both the blue light by the power button and the orange light by the mini-USB port are constantly on and pressing the power button doesn't do anything.

Do I seriously have to wait for this whole thing to discharge? I think it's a pretty monstrous flaw that I cannot somehow yank the battery or do a hard reset somehow.

Edit: The orange light by the USB port is on whether the USB cable is plugged in or not. Also the PC cannot recognize the device when the headset is locked up like this.

• Corsair Employee
I now have the same problem. I have been using this headset for a while, but for the first time the headset has locked up, meaning that both the blue light by the power button and the orange light by the mini-USB port are constantly on and pressing the power button doesn't do anything.

Do I seriously have to wait for this whole thing to discharge? I think it's a pretty monstrous flaw that I cannot somehow yank the battery or do a hard reset somehow.

Edit: The orange light by the USB port is on whether the USB cable is plugged in or not. Also the PC cannot recognize the device when the headset is locked up like this.

What are your hardware system settings, OS, and what USB port are you using? Also, when first experienced the problem was it upon boot-up or did you encounter it during use?

I am also experiencing the exact same problem, the headset has worked flawlessly for me for about 2.5 weeks. I have tried reboots, clean install of the drivers and to re-pair the devices. However, the headset was unresponsive during the re-pairing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. As far as hardware, I have a custom build.

Asus Z-68-V Pro/Gen3 Mobo, i5 2500k processor, 8 GB Ram, GTX 570 Video card.

I have tried several different USB ports for both the charge cable as well as the wireless adapter. None of them remedy the problem.

I left my computer on overnight and left the headset on the charger, the wireless adapter was not plugged in. Upon waking up, I plugged in the wireless adapter and took off the headset from the charger. That's when the charge light decided to not stop and the problems began. The computer detects each time when I plug the headset in and automatically chooses that device... however no audio comes through the headset, the mic doesn't work and the volume control doesn't work either. I have tried changing the volume manually to different levels to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employee
I am also experiencing the exact same problem, the headset has worked flawlessly for me for about 2.5 weeks. I have tried reboots, clean install of the drivers and to re-pair the devices. However, the headset was unresponsive during the re-pairing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. As far as hardware, I have a custom build.

Asus Z-68-V Pro/Gen3 Mobo, i5 2500k processor, 8 GB Ram, GTX 570 Video card.

I have tried several different USB ports for both the charge cable as well as the wireless adapter. None of them remedy the problem.

I left my computer on overnight and left the headset on the charger, the wireless adapter was not plugged in. Upon waking up, I plugged in the wireless adapter and took off the headset from the charger. That's when the charge light decided to not stop and the problems began. The computer detects each time when I plug the headset in and automatically chooses that device... however no audio comes through the headset, the mic doesn't work and the volume control doesn't work either. I have tried changing the volume manually to different levels to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

Try draining the battery (I know this isn't recommended) completely and then recharging the device completely. Let me know the results.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem (too eager to use, didn't fully charge).

I have no sound but mic seems to work fine.

I tried the pairing and the dongle stopped blinking, but there is still no sound, so I'm going to try draining the battery.

Does anyone have an approximate time for it to drain without actually using the headset?

Since I can't have sound on, I'm assuming it will take much longer than the 10 hours specified.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem here too.

Had it 2weeks now and the only difference last night was that i switched the power to my rig off at the socket whilst the headset was plug into the usb charger.

Can't believe that you have to drain the headset completely before being able to use it again for such an expensive bit of kit this is a joke.

• 3 months later...

Archived