Corsair Community

M60 sniper button logo fades

ReddishRat

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if people have the same issue with the sniper button logo (couldn't find any post about this). The logo is fading away; looks like the k60 key fading issue. I bought the mouse last february and dont even use it every night, still the logo starts to fade away. I can imagine after using the mouse for a couple of years things wear off but after using it for only 2 months? I will post a picture soon.

Do more people experience this?

I am having the same thing on my M60. The sniperlogo is turning grey exactly like the K60-keys. I am also seeing the red color on the button itself wearing off, so the edges are now shiny chrome instead of the "anodized" red original.

I have seen some posts on this now, maybe something for Corsair to be aware of.

from what i have read the paint that Corsair has used on the keyboards and sniper buttons is similar to the toxic nail polish that has become an issue in California.

filled with heavily fortified carcinogenic substances such as whale vomit... among others is the current reason for the fading...or greying....

jp

• 3 weeks later...
from what i have read the paint that Corsair has used on the keyboards and sniper buttons is similar to the toxic nail polish that has become an issue in California.

filled with heavily fortified carcinogenic substances such as whale vomit... among others is the current reason for the fading...or greying....

jp

I've been up 'til 4 in the morning and irate over bricking this mouse per Corsair's instructions, not to mention paying THEM to beta test their foray into the keyboard/mouse market. Thanks for the laugh, really needed it! :)

• Corsair Employee
We have identified the issue within production. We are going to take some extra safe guards so the select people who are having this issue will not experience it again. Please fill out an RMA request.

• 5 months later...

Hey, I bought my M60 on Amazon on October 6, 2012. I have only used it for a little over 3 weeks and already the sniper logo has almost completely faded.

Shouldn't this issue have been fixed by now? What can I do? If I have to RMA it, do I have to pay for shipping?

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee
Fill out the RMA and give me your case number and I'll have customer service look into it for you. We normally require the first replacement to be paid by the customer when you ship it out as we would pay for it to be shipped back. However, if expenses are an issue, they can assist you as well.

Ram Guy did mention that he had spoken to the dev team about possibly implementing a "toggle" mode for the sniper button, a lot of us m60 owners have been asking for it

If and when this is done, it would stop a lot of the fading as you wouldn't have to constantly hold down the key, it would just be a tap to toggle it on and off

Its the friction from your thumb having to hold down the button that's wiping the icon off

Lets hope they do this "toggle" mode soon, it will make the icon last a lot longer as well as make it easier to use the sniper button

Archived