Corsair Community

booting issue after new mem install

stewde4308

I recently had memory go bad any had to replace 2 of my 4 sticks....I had corsiarx2 dominators 1gig each xms2-6400 800 nhz 4-4-4-12 2.10v (original memory ) added 2 (2gig)crucial pc-6400 memory about 3YRS ago (these are the 2 that went bad one right after the other ... machine was still functioned properly but very slow with just the original 2 corsairs... i have now purchased 2 (2gig each) corsair xms2 5-5-5-18 pc-6400 800 mhg 1.8v and added these to the the machine ....machine will not boot ...long continuous beep no splash screen but all fans and such are on .. if i remove 1 stick of memory from the four that are in there machine boots fine....

I have removed all of the memory and booted the machine one stick at a time and in all in all slots one at a time memory all worked and machine booted fine....... the minute i use the 4 sticks together no go

• Corsair Employee
Please remove the old modules and just install the new modules and then go to BIOS and load setup defaults and set the tested settings that are listed on the label of the modules. I am sorry but it is not suggested to mix memory.

Archived