Corsair Community

Void RGB Sidetone volume

I recently purchased the wired Void RGB headset, and I'm very happy with it so far. My only gripe is that the mic feedback (sidetone) volume is extremely low. Somewhere on a post on these forums I found an optimal mic placement image and the feedback volume is still inaudible out of game, let alone in game. In fact, the only time I can hear my voice through the headset is when I put the mic directly onto my mouth.

I have the latest firmware, latest corsair software, and latest driver. The feedback volume in the corsair software is maxed out, and (strangely enough) the sidetone volume in windows (Playback Devices > Headset Earphone Properties > Levels >Sidetone) is capped at 25. The slider won't budge past 25. I have a feeling that this is the root of the issue, and I'm hoping that there is some way to disable this block or otherwise amplify the sidetone volume.

I've tried googling this and no one that I could find has even mentioned it being an issue. I have a roommate, and often find myself speaking louder due to the headset volume. Any help with this one?

EDIT: I should also mention that I am aware that there is an option to "Listen to this device". I prefer not to use this option, as there is a significant delay that is impossible to work with.

Edited by SupaBeardyMan

Have you tried the headset on another computer? Does the sidetone volume work fine?

You can try reinstall the drivers for the headset and see whether that resolves the issue. I haven't seen the option for sidetone under the headset itself.

Same thing on my laptop. I've tried reinstalling a few times. Seems like it's capped at 25 by design. Just can't for the life of me figure out why a developer would limit something like that...

Still no fix to the issue. At this point, I'd settle for a third party workaround if I had to. I just want to be able to fully control my own headset.

Can you check and make sure you have this option set to the headset in the microphone property?

http://i.imgur.com/9h8Cmig.jpg

The problem with doing the above adds a delay to your voice which is very off-puting. Sidetone doesn't have this delay as it is done via the hardware and not the software.

Is there any update from Corsair regarding a driver fix/update for this issue?

Edited by Dark360

• 9 months later...
I don't want this thread to die. I just got back from purchasing my Corsair Void RGB wired headset from BestBuy. I bought it because I needed a headset with sidetone. I suppose it does technically have sidetone... but it's so quiet I can't hear myself unless my mic is in my mouth. I've spent the last hour changing settings according to other forums, and nothing. In CUE the volume is at max and I can barely make myself out with no other background noise.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I purchased the Wireless Void CA-9011135-NA Yellowjacket

IT'S AMAZING.

Then I decided to buy another one (ca-9011130 wired) for my work (because I know the quality is great) then I noticed the side tone issue. The side tone is hardly working. If I blow into the mic then i'll hear the sound of me blowing but when just speaking there is almost nothing.

The mic self is working fine, it's just the side tone not working. I tested the headset on my Home, Work & friends computer and its exactly the same issue.

I also did the firmware update and it didn't help. My Yellow Jacket is Awesome and everything works it just form my wired headset's side tone that's acting up.

Please help me with this issue or maybe driver updates etc?

Or must I return the headset to the supplier?

Kind Regards,

Jacques

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know the last message in this thread is very old, but since I have the same problem and I can't seem to find a solution, I'd like to point out a detail that appears to not be mentioned anywhere.

If you quit from CUE (right click on tray icon, "Quit"), the sidetone works perfectly fine, and you can hear your voice back in your ears loud and clear. In the moment you re-open CUE and your headphones sync with the software/profile, the low sidetone problem comes back (and yes, the volume bar is at maximum in every profile).

So I can safely assume the problem relies in CUE itself. I'm using a Wireless RGB VOID by the way.

I'd also like to mention that the "sidetone bar" someone was mentioning in the Windows Sound properties doesn't appear for me (yes I have the latest software update, firmware update, blah blah blah, sorry if I sound rude but it's always the same story when talking about specific issues).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, wanted to throw in my part of this mess that is this headset.

first off i would like to say awesome audio quality in 7.1.

to the issue of the mic.

i purchased a Void Pro wired with USB dongle for the dolby 7.1 was listening to youtube music just fine, games just fine everything is good and quality. Went on discord to talk to a friend and they couldnt really hear me but they could hear the music that youtube was playing.

checked discord and it is all set to the mic and not to receive my laptop mic.

i could hear him find but he couldnt hear me.

changed it to default, he couldnt hear anything from me. set it back to the headset for input and out put and i notice i was getting a double blip for the push to talk notification which he could also hear one of the blips.

he could also hear the youtube ad that started.

so i unpluged the jack from the dongle and unplugged the dongle from the usb port then plugged the headset straight into the mic port on my laptop, oh jeeze i can hear him and i can be heard, just flat audio ( which i think can be adjusted in the High definition audio software that came on my laptop)

thought this was weird so i went to google and spent about a good 3 hours crawling around forums and post about other peoples experiences.

i didnt find a single post about the usb dongle being the culprit or just not having drivers to support the mic for discord or TS3.

so i think the USB Dongle for the 7.1 audio is at fault at this point along with Corsair's driver issue with the Dongle and incompatibility with discord and TS3.

which is an absolute fail and total let down because who uses in-game VOIP (unless Overwatch, Battlefield X, or any other game that teams you up with randoms) to communicate with people.

in short, working fine with a laptop mic port for Discord/TS3 and cant use the USB Dongle, will have to adjust audio quality preferences through high definition audio software.

Thanks for reading.. i think.

So far i have not tested if the Dongle is useable with in game VOIP use, i havent dared to try simply. but i guess i will try with Squad as it is the only game i currently care to play that puts you in with random people and has its own voice communications.

Sounds like the dongle could be the culprit for the mic not picking up when using it. I would double check CUE to make sure the mic is not muted, and the void mic is set to your default recording device.

yeah when i was testing it out it was more like the dongle could interface with the mic at all, just got horrible electronic feed back that was is quick rapid pulses that starts soft but quickly builds up louder and louder and its incredibly unsettling to hear.

kinda painful kinda just makes u want to leave the room and over all just wants the noise to stop.

oh the dongle doesnt work with in game VOIP either, tried it with Squad and Elite Dangerous and it was either silent or the horrible feedback with echo, or it some how would echo what was being heard, so if someone talked while i queued my mice, they would hear themselves and the rest of my audio through my mic.

• 1 month later...

The CUE program has a tab for the wireless headphone. There are options for Dolby and for sidetone. The sidetone slider works great. You can adjust the amount of volume feeding back into your ear as you speak. The problem I have is it appears the CUE program has to be open to use this feature. If you don't open it, you can't enable it. It does not appear to be enabled on a permanent basis (big mistake, if you ask me). Secondly, if you raise the mic arm up and go mute, sidetones TURN OFF.... wtf?? why would they do this?

So, keep the utility open and don't use the mic arm to mute.

• Corsair Employee
The CUE program has a tab for the wireless headphone. There are options for Dolby and for sidetone. The sidetone slider works great. You can adjust the amount of volume feeding back into your ear as you speak. The problem I have is it appears the CUE program has to be open to use this feature. If you don't open it, you can't enable it. It does not appear to be enabled on a permanent basis (big mistake, if you ask me). Secondly, if you raise the mic arm up and go mute, sidetones TURN OFF.... wtf?? why would they do this?

So, keep the utility open and don't use the mic arm to mute.

With the newer Void Pro headsets, moving the headset arm up mutes the mic, and there is no audio input to capture a sidetone. The same would occur if you muted the mic with the button on the side of the ear cup. The mic arm mute is a feature a lot of users requested and was implemented. I'll pass the suggestion along to see if it can be select able, and see if it's something our engineers can include in CUE.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the issue is after the most recent update 2.23.40

If you bring up the mic piece up to the "mute mode" the side tone volume is set to 0. if you bring the mic piece back down the software does not revert to the previous side tone level instead it keeps it at zero. thus why the side tone is not working for some.

This does not happen if you have the CUE software open and up front. but if its minimized you will loose sidetone settings.

(Edit. it also happens when you hit the mute button even without moving the mic piece.) X_X

• 2 weeks later...

Still experiencing this issue on a Corsair Void USB (non-pro). I can only hear sidetone if I blow hard into my mic. Nothing else registers or is audible.

Have tried 4 different versions of CUE including the latest, as well as forcing firmware refresh.

Is there any fix for this?

• 1 month later...

I am using the Pro version and having the same issue. I cannot hear myself when talking. It is really weird. I have the Sidetone maxed and I have tried to reinstall the drivers and nothing.

I have not tried to run the software in front, but why go to the Taskbar if it does not work there. I will try to change the Admin rules of the program may be that will correct the issue.