Corsair Community

k30 raptor keyboard scroll lock light blinking.

My k30 keyboards scroll lock light seems to keep blinking when I start up windows, also I can't use my g keys or m keys. When I go onto the software and click harware playback off the on it goes back to working fine. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

• 2 years later...

My K30 randomly went into BootLoader Mode, which causes Scroll and Caps Lock to flash. Same happened to some of my clients K65, but that was fixable.

I have found no fix for the K30. It still uses 2013 software.

It should no longer be sold as there is no way up update, clear, or reset the firmware rendering it useless without an explanation from Corsair.

Support last stated:

K30 and Vengeance K30 keyboards are being update since then with a software which I provided to you and updates are being provided automatically from our server to your keyboard using this software.

This keyboard has a storage drive to with a maximum of 1mb to store firmware file and this what the keyboard uses to communicate to the software and computer, with this corrupted keyboard functionally will be gone as what you're experiencing.

Regards,

Chad

I'll update if I find a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
My K30 randomly went into BootLoader Mode, which causes Scroll and Caps Lock to flash. Same happened to some of my clients K65, but that was fixable.

I have found no fix for the K30. It still uses 2013 software.

It should no longer be sold as there is no way up update, clear, or reset the firmware rendering it useless without an explanation from Corsair.

Support last stated:

K30 and Vengeance K30 keyboards are being update since then with a software which I provided to you and updates are being provided automatically from our server to your keyboard using this software.

This keyboard has a storage drive to with a maximum of 1mb to store firmware file and this what the keyboard uses to communicate to the software and computer, with this corrupted keyboard functionally will be gone as what you're experiencing.

Regards,

Chad

I'll update if I find a fix.

I have the exact same problem! Typing with screenkeyboard, because a lot of keys dont work.

This error just occured between shutting pc down and booting it the next day.

I dont have another usb keyboard right now, so its very unpleasent.

Are there any solutions bei now, or is that just the way things break with corsair keyboards?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Armin - sorry but I've not had a reply in 2 weeks.

It looks like the K30 and K40 can randomly have this issue and CANNOT be fixed without firmware...

THERE IS NO FIRMWARE!

The bootloader issue also happens on ALL Corsair keyboards, but can be fixed, though it's complicated.

ICUE does not update the K30, nor fix any issue related to Bootloader of flashing lights either.

If anything changes, I'll update, but as of now, I'm informing all of my colleagues to stop supplying Corsair keyboards for their builds too.

• 2 years later...

From the help page here:https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

This worked for me:

How to: Reset your keyboard

For all other keyboards:

Unplug your keyboard.

With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.

While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into your computer.

After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key. You will see the keyboard lighting flash if the reset is successful.