Corsair Community

New Version of CUE SDK still a problem

Marmite_II

Hi corsair fans

I did report this to Corsair. (No-Replay from Corsair yet.) If i enable SDK and restart PC.

Lightning effect stays on for 2.5 cycles then stops on all red key's.

If I untick SDK the lightning effects work again. I don't need to play around with polling any more.

Corsair Fans

This is the reply from Corsair:

Can you try doing a clean reinstall of Corsair Utility Engine?

1 - Uninstall the Corsair Link software and Link USB dongle, and Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device through Windows Control Panel (Restart later for all programs)

2 - Hold the windows key and press "R" to open the windows run command

3 - Type in %APPDATA%

4 - Delete the Corsair Folder (backup any settings or profiles if you wish by saving it somewhere else)

5 - (Optional step) Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run Registry Scan and fix issues - Link below):

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

6 - Restart your system

7 - Install the Corsair Link software. Please be sure to extract the zip file before running the installer.

( See Point 1. This one only shows in Device Manager Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device other two can be removed under add and remove programs.)

Did as requested.

a) Even without link installed. SDK enabled, 2.5cycles and stops on all red key's.

b) After installing link software with SDK enabled it does the same as per point 1.

Now I need to concentrate to get Corsair-Link working. I have deleted my rant towards Corsair, sorry.

I don't work for Corsair so i won't be able to see any of your ticket conversation.

If it was a fresh Windows 10 install and the SDK issue is still there, This would be the first report of something like this occurring.

I would assume everything is all up to date? e.g. USB chipset drivers, UEFI, Windows, keyboard firmware, tested the keyboard on Intel controlled ports etc.

I don't work for Corsair so i won't be able to see any of your ticket conversation.

If it was a fresh Windows 10 install and the SDK issue is still there, This would be the first report of something like this occurring.

I would assume everything is all up to date? e.g. USB chipset drivers, UEFI, Windows, keyboard firmware, tested the keyboard on Intel controlled ports etc.

Hi tnx for replies. My keyboard and mouse is installed on USB 3 ports. This is default for keyboard and mouse.

I did use legacy USB 2 ports still the same.

Hello Marmite,

As the problem appears when you enable the SDK, it may be that some program which is actually calling the SDK may be at fault. Toasted's suggestion on creation of a new user to see the behavior may help to determine this, as each user in a new Windows 10 installation (or other Windows versions, for that matter) has a set of unique registry keys, and these user-specific registry keys are used by many programs; you would see the behavior of CUE should the two users have different startup programs, perhaps, or if the two users (one should definitely not be created in the Administrator group, BTW) have different permissions.

Are you aware of any programs you are running that are using the CUE SDK? If these are auto-start programs, perhaps you can disable them to see your lighting behavior. The autoruns program from SysInternals hosted by Microsoft may be useful for reviewing all the programs currently set to ruin automatically.

Hello Marmite,

As the problem appears when you enable the SDK, it may be that some program which is actually calling the SDK may be at fault. Toasted's suggestion on creation of a new user to see the behavior may help to determine this, as each user in a new Windows 10 installation (or other Windows versions, for that matter) has a set of unique registry keys, and these user-specific registry keys are used by many programs; you would see the behavior of CUE should the two users have different startup programs, perhaps, or if the two users (one should definitely not be created in the Administrator group, BTW) have different permissions.

Are you aware of any programs you are running that are using the CUE SDK? If these are auto-start programs, perhaps you can disable them to see your lighting behavior. The autoruns program from SysInternals hosted by Microsoft may be useful for reviewing all the programs currently set to ruin automatically.

Are you aware of any programs you are running that are using the CUE SDK? I would not know who would use someone else's SDK.

Did run the Microsoft utility what to look for big Question?

Thank you for all that helped.

Problem SDK sorted.

I don't know who is a fault. My MSI Graphics card? It also has one BLING-BLING LED which was RED or I made it RED.

CUE-SDK who does have ownership of it?

I will inform Corsair support that this is fixed.

I also need to inform MSI about there software that makes use of CUE-SDK.

It seems MSI is at fault see attached picture.

MSI.jpg.59cde9b2ce5c9a3b66d3dd82951fbd7f.jpg

Archived