Corsair Community

Commander Pro - Bad Fan and Temp Readings

So1iton

I just purchased a Commander Pro.

I installed the iCUE Software and the Commander Pro is recognized. But the voltages, temperatures readings and fan RPM's are all incorrect. All voltages change quickly from 0 V to around 2 V and sometimes you may see a 12 V reading on the 3 V indicator.

The Fans RPM's go from 0 to 5000 RPM but that's not possible since the ML-120 are limited to 1600 RPM. And also the fans seem to run at constant RPM.

And the temperatures go from 0 to 120 C.

Also the "Performance" tab in the iCUE software disappears for a few seconds and then comes back.

I have the latest software, 3.7.99 and the firmware is 0.8.210

Any ideas what's wrong?

What you’re describing often happens when running multiple monitoring programs. Do you have AI Suite lurking in the background?

You are right. I had stopped AI Suite but I did have HWiNFO 64 running.

After I closed HWiNFO 64, the commander Pro started working properly.

But I did try running AI suite and it seems like AI Suite only has a problem with Corsair Link. But if AI Suite runs first, it seems like there is no conflict.

Is it better not to run AI Suite?

It would be better not to run AI Suite. It is a terrible monitor (limited and 5-30 second polling) and you shouldn’t use it to overclock. It’s last remaining value is the desktop fan control, which you likely are now transferring to iCUE and the Commander Pro.

Unfortunately both iCUE and AI Suite tend to conflict with everything else. Even when disabling Corsair monitoring within AIDA, I have not had much luck making them get along with absurd value reporting or disappearing entries. If you need more monitoring not provided in iCUE, try HWInfo64 with Corsair monitoring disabled. It will prompt you to do this automatically. Also use the “portable” version that recalls the driver when you close it.

AI Suite has deep tentacles. If you decide to get rid of it, use the Asus cleaner tool to eliminate all traces. Pro removal tools like Revo can do this as well.

It would be better not to run AI Suite. It is a terrible monitor (limited and 5-30 second polling) and you shouldn’t use it to overclock. It’s last remaining value is the desktop fan control, which you likely are now transferring to iCUE and the Commander Pro.

Unfortunately both iCUE and AI Suite tend to conflict with everything else. Even when disabling Corsair monitoring within AIDA, I have not had much luck making them get along with absurd value reporting or disappearing entries. If you need more monitoring not provided in iCUE, try HWInfo64 with Corsair monitoring disabled. It will prompt you to do this automatically. Also use the “portable” version that recalls the driver when you close it.

AI Suite has deep tentacles. If you decide to get rid of it, use the Asus cleaner tool to eliminate all traces. Pro removal tools like Revo can do this as well.

Yeah, the plan was to get rid of Ai Suite. Thanks for the help.

Archived