Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB dpi button issue

I picked up the Corsair Harpoon RGB and Love everything but the DPI switch being in the middle. I can not seem to get that switched to one of the side buttons at all. It's horrible in the games that I play because I end up getting in firefights and hit it by mistake causing me to either die or not be able to do what I need to do. I am very new to the whole mapping of buttons and maybe I have been doing it wrong and any help is very much appreciated.

Let me know if any of these steps are confusing.

1. Open up CUE and click on your device, the Harpoon

2. On the left side you'll see a few tabs. On top is your Profiles tab, each profile can utilize it's own customization settings independent from other profiles. You'll probably be ok with Default.

3. Under the Profiles tab is the Actions tab. The process goes Create action -> Define Action -> Assign Action. So you'll want to first create an Action with the "+" button.

4. You should now have a new interface in the middle. Your options can be to disable to DPI switch or have it perform another action.

5. If you want to disable it, there's a "Disable" action in the list. Select that and click on your DPI switch tile on the list of available buttons in the Mouse display.

6. If you still want a DPI switch button, you can create a new action and have it be a Key-Remap action.

7. For the Key Remap, change the key function to Mouse Button and find DPI Toggle. Select that and apply it to whichever side button you want.

Again let me know if there's anything else you'd like to do with CUE or if you want any help.

Let me know if any of these steps are confusing.

1. Open up CUE and click on your device, the Harpoon

2. On the left side you'll see a few tabs. On top is your Profiles tab, each profile can utilize it's own customization settings independent from other profiles. You'll probably be ok with Default.

3. Under the Profiles tab is the Actions tab. The process goes Create action -> Define Action -> Assign Action. So you'll want to first create an Action with the "+" button.

4. You should now have a new interface in the middle. Your options can be to disable to DPI switch or have it perform another action.

5. If you want to disable it, there's a "Disable" action in the list. Select that and click on your DPI switch tile on the list of available buttons in the Mouse display.

6. If you still want a DPI switch button, you can create a new action and have it be a Key-Remap action.

7. For the Key Remap, change the key function to Mouse Button and find DPI Toggle. Select that and apply it to whichever side button you want.

Again let me know if there's anything else you'd like to do with CUE or if you want any help.

Thanks for the help I think I figured it out but not sure. I did not know I had to go to the actions library and use a drop-down menu to disable but your help and accidentally clicking on the drop-down menu got me to where the disable button was.

On top of that, you can also enable/disable DPI options in the performance tab, so you can cycle through only the DPI settings you want.

Sadly this was not the solution that I hoped. I thought it was me hitting the dpi button while playing but even after having it turned off it still does it. for some reason occasionally my mouse even if I move right or left it looks straight ahead and there is a lag when it happens.

Edited by Trufffleshuffle

Well, I either got a defective mouse or something as my issue is still present and it was not the dpi button causing it. I will be returning this and not a good start to buying corsair products. The mouse just acts like the laser stops working periodically a few seconds at a time. Since I play shooters it happens at the worst possible times usually when I am trying to aim down sights it will quit and I can't move my view around and I usually end up dying because of it.

• 5 months later...

Hey folks, a little bit of a necro post here, but i'm having a similar issue in terms of being unable to remap the dpi toggle. I intended to follow xMacias's suggestion but in the remap key section when i click the dpi toggle option i get no options, whereas for literally every other button it works fine.

I'm probably being dim, but help a newbie out :)

• 2 years later...

First time poster here. Quick question (I hope): having created the "disable" action, I can't seem to figure out how to assign it to a button. I keep applying the "Disable" action to the forward and back buttons (the 2 side buttons on my Corsair Harpoon RGB), but then they keep moving me forward and back in my browser.

Any thoughts, or maybe some more step-by-step instructions on how to apply settings to buttons? Persistently, if that wasn't clear. The disable works for whichever button I have selected in the iCUE software as long as I have it selected, but then the other one isn't disabled.