Corsair Community

Corsair One constant internet disconnect

Talydia

Just recently bought a Corsair One. With my provider, any device, wired or wi-fi, had no problem connecting to and staying connected to my network. However this machine, regardless of wi-fi or ethernet, will have trouble connecting(or staying connected) on startup, wakeup, or even during use. Any suggestions or fixes or should I return this as a piece of junk?

That is not good, that layer of the OS should not be doing that, but it might not be the C1.

Can you try a different rj45 cable or a different port on your switch/router? If the latter is managed, can you see any logs for the port your C1 is connected to?

I would tend to agree with nox_uk - that doesn't sound like it's the C1 but more likely a cable issue. Possibly the switch/router but I'd lean more towards the cable.

Make sure that you are using at least Cat5e, preferably Cat6. Many routers and network adapters will actually initially connect at 1Gbps on a Cat5 connection but it'll cause all kinds of issues - like disconnects as well as increased error rates. The quality of the cable is paramount at 1Gbps and higher.

What other devices have you got connected? It's odd for both wifi & rj45 to exhibit the same problems as they are connected to the computer guts differently, and if the point the connected broke a lot more would be broken. If you hadn't mentioned your other devices are OK then i'd be looking at your router as your single point of failure. Is it possible you're just not noticing things like your phone dropping off? (if something like wifi assist is switched on?)

defo check the router uptime and make sure it is in line with when you last rebooted. Only other likely cause would be something like bridging enabled or plugged into an uplink port of your switch but even that won't necessarily cause a link disconnect - they are more of a 'it's broken or not' rather than intermittent

Archived