The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 PM
fredgalaxy101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945711
fredgalaxy101 Reputation: 10

March 9th was a potential date for a BIOS release. Today 03/20 still no sign of new bios.

While the activities around updating bios were explained in an earlier thread as a complicated process between 3rd parties, testing and other items. It sounded quite sugarcoated.

After all Alienware and Apple are still able to do it in a reasonable time frame.

No bios update since inception a real shame in my opinion.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945718
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgalaxy101 View Post
March 9th was a potential date for a BIOS release. Today 03/20 still no sign of new bios.

While the activities around updating bios were explained in an earlier thread as a complicated process between 3rd parties, testing and other items. It sounded quite sugarcoated.

After all Alienware and Apple are still able to do it in a reasonable time frame.

No bios update since inception a real shame in my opinion.
When we have an update, we'll share it. I understand your frustration, but to be frank, I didn't sugarcoat my explanation earlier.

A broken BIOS and/or broken microcode updates can brick systems or cause other issues. BIOS updates have been pushed out on the production side for minor stability/compatibility improvements since the CORSAIR ONE launched over a year ago. But for the particular issues users keep bringing up (spectre/meltdown), it requires a much more careful approach.

Here's an article for reference that I hope should clear this up a bit: https://www.wired.com/story/meltdown...l-train-wreck/

Last edited by Corsair CJ; 03-21-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:22 PM

POST ID # = 945737
zguy85 Reputation: 10

Hey guys chill out. I would love a BIOS update also, seriously though its not going to really change anything. Your not going to get some magical performance boost or special abilities. If anything this update will probably be a very slight drawback on performance. I'm over the whole BIOS update business and hope you are to. We'll get it when we do and honestly don't care if it's ever at this point. Enjoy what you have decided to purchase.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:39 AM

POST ID # = 949979
Badhax Reputation: 10

Hi,

Quote:
Intel provides updated microcode to board partners (MSI/ASUS/GBT). Done
Board partners roll new microcode and other enhancements into updated BIOS for their core products Done - see the MSI retail BIOS 1A (retail motherboards)
Board partner rolls new microcode and other enhancements requested by us into custom products What's the status of this? Should be pretty quick as you seem to have a pretty standard retail board in the system(Corsair ONE/Bulldog/etc.)
BIOS update with new microcode and other enhancements is rolled out to our production line and/or end users for updating systems.
Since we are dealing with a secruity issue here - I think a new BIOS is pretty important. Also I want to run Optane Memory in the M.2 slot and I need the MSI fix to do that. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM
MadHatch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950062
MadHatch Reputation: 20

As much as it might suck to wait, we all made the decision to purchase a Corsair One system, which has specific modified parts (motherboard included). That doesn't automatically put us at the top of the list for updates.

Yes, a security problem exists - one that every company is having to deal with. It's a nightmare situation for them, and yes for us end users.

BUT, I would rather have a stable BIOS that has passed all the QAs that it needs to, rather than one is simply rushed out because people demand it. Corsair are not going to forget about us or abandon us.

I suspect that the BIOS update is still being tweaked to make sure there are no issues with it. This happens sometimes, look at the current delay in the latest Win 10 build; MS found a fault the day before they were going to roll out the new build and had to pull it. We may get it in two weeks. Maybe four. Depends on how long it takes to fix the bug they found.

This is the same situation with the BIOS update. In fact the Win 10 update might be what's causing the delay.

But lets be chill about it. It will be sorted out.

There is a sticky thread on top of this forum where links will be put *when* the update becomes available for us to download.

Closed Thread