The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x SDK

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 AM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 892417
Darth Affe Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartPwnS View Post
When does the SDK get support for the MM800 Polaris RGB ?
The MM800 works with the latest version of the SDK (2.4.67)
You can download it here.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 PM

POST ID # = 892497
MartPwnS Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Affe View Post
The MM800 works with the latest version of the SDK (2.4.67)
You can download it here.
The only thing i did not check.
Thanks for guiding me into the right direction.

Why are these dlls (2015) not shipped with CUE2 though ?

Kind regards
MartPwnS
Old 02-24-2017, 04:11 PM

POST ID # = 892622
THE_FACELESS_1 Reputation: 10
Default Lost

I want to find a way to take the battery percentage of my void wireless headphones and print them to a text document but i cant find out how to get the sdk to work... can someone please help me out?

I have no coding experience with C but i'll learn if someone can tell me how to get visual studio working with the SDK. I know this probably isnt something beginners should be messing with but i think what i want is fairly simple... also the documentation for the sdk needs to be more detailed for people like me...
Old 02-26-2017, 03:22 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 892777
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FACELESS_1 View Post
i cant find out how to get the sdk to work... can someone please help me out?

I have no coding experience with C but i'll learn if someone can tell me how to get visual studio working with the SDK.
To get started, after you've unpacked the ZIP file, use Visual Studio to open the .sln or .vcxproj files in the example folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FACELESS_1 View Post
I want to find a way to take the battery percentage of my void wireless headphones and print them to a text document but i cant find out how to get the sdk to work.
The capabilities of the SDK are focused on lighting control, so you may have to find another method to get the battery percentage of your VOID wireless headphones. (I only have the wired version of the headphones, or I'd try a few things out, such as WMI calls.)

Overview
The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK gives ability for third-party applications to control lightings on Corsair RGB devices. CUE SDK interacts with hardware through CUE so it should be running in order for SDK to work properly. SDK features are supported in CUE version 1.10 or higher. To use this SDK you should have basic knowledge in C and library linking.

Last edited by Comet ☄; 02-26-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:00 PM
ahughesit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894764
ahughesit Reputation: 10

Will we be getting features like Razer? In STO if I play a Klingon my mouse automatically turn orangish, light green for Romulan, and blue for Federation. Mouse turns red when in combat. It's a razer naga. Just bought the corsair strafe yesterday with the hopes there would be similar features but I haven't been able to find much yet.. Keep the strafe, or buy the Razer blackwidow rgb???
Old 03-12-2017, 03:10 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894889
terabyte Reputation: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahughesit View Post
Will we be getting features like Razer? In STO if I play a Klingon my mouse automatically turn orangish, light green for Romulan, and blue for Federation. Mouse turns red when in combat. It's a razer naga. Just bought the corsair strafe yesterday with the hopes there would be similar features but I haven't been able to find much yet.. Keep the strafe, or buy the Razer blackwidow rgb???
That is not the SDK itself, but rather the game developers that added support for it.

For example Blizzard recently added Corsair SDK support for Diablo 3, but unless the game developers themselves support it Corsair can do nothing apart from providing the SDK.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:25 PM

POST ID # = 907370
MartPwnS Reputation: 10

Will the 2015.dll versions of the sdk ever be shipped with corsair cue installations ?

Regarding the license of the sdk are we allowed to redistribute the header files and binaries to users of our software (the project in question is open source, non profit) ?

Kind regards
Old 11-28-2017, 12:31 AM

POST ID # = 928099
devinethang Reputation: 10

Is there an issue with the SDK? I'm using version: `Corsair-SDK-Release-v1.15.28.zip`

I can't seem to set the lighting for some of the keys.

CorsairLedId::CLK_G1 = 121, // only this key LED can be set
CorsairLedId::CLK_G2 = 122, // nada
CorsairLedId::CLK_G3 = 123, // nada
CorsairLedId::CLK_G4 = 124, // nada
CorsairLedId::CLK_G5 = 125, // nada
CorsairLedId::CLK_G6 = 126, // nada

Any insights?

Thanks!

Code:
CorsairLedId corsairKey = CorsairLedId::CLK_G2;
int red = 255;
int green = 255;
int blue = 255;
auto ledColor = CorsairLedColor{ corsairKey, red, green, blue };
CorsairSetLedsColors(1, &ledColor);

Last edited by devinethang; 11-28-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:25 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932314
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinethang View Post
Is there an issue with the SDK? I'm using version: `Corsair-SDK-Release-v1.15.28.zip`
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...K_2.18.127.zip
I unfortunately am not an expert, but the SDK is versions ahead at the above
Old 01-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Old Desert Lizard

POST ID # = 933515
OldDesertLizard Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupraDine View Post
Was looking into this for a custom taskbar icon, but it can't do it.

Can the ability to see the charge and charging state of wireless peripherals be added to the SDK?? This is shown only in CUE currently.
I'd like this too... or possibly a CUE enhancement to show it on the pop-up menu (saves me writing a custom menu app!):
Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Visual Studio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940457
Visual Studio Reputation: 10

What are the odds of this getting an update for the K95 RGB Platinum?
Old 04-26-2018, 12:44 AM

POST ID # = 952090
ygolohcisp Reputation: 10

@hastegag: Do I have to install CUE v2 to get the CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() function? Or is it also available provided by the latest CUE Engine v1.xx?

I tested V2 on another laptop, to see how it is, but it uses a lot of CPU which is not acceptable for me.
It always uses >5% CPU (enough to keep my fan spinning which is annoying) whereas V1 uses 0.5%.
That was when I tested it like in December. Is it still the case? (Btw, my CPU is not bad: i7-4720HQ, 8 cores, 2.6 GHz)
Also it really annoys me that it comes with 500 MB of data which seems to be for the "fancy" GUI.

But I really need CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() so that my software can react to G-Key presses.
So is this also available in the CUE Engine V1 if I talk to using the most recent SDK dll?

Last edited by ygolohcisp; 04-26-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Mardy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952192
Mardy Reputation: 10

I just made the jump from Link 4 to iCUE and am having lighting issues with my fans (LLs) and LED strips. Since Link 4 won't update, my fans still have residual boot commands from link 4 that I can't turn off because the forced update's lack of conclusion. Whenever I try to change the lighting effects, the speed of the lighting changes is incredibly fast and not alterable. I assume this is because it is getting a double command, but I don't know anything. Is there a reason Link 4 won't complete its update, and will this problem go away once i get access back to link 4?
Also, I can't seem to turn off the "rain" effect on the LED strips, even with the lighting effect deleted. All I can do is turn on another lighting effect and select "View only selected effect." I also want to note that the LEDs are not trying to follow the sequential effect I had set up in Link 4.
Let me know if there's anything I can do, thank you.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:24 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952195
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygolohcisp View Post
@hastegag: Do I have to install CUE v2 to get the CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() function? Or is it also available provided by the latest CUE Engine v1.xx?
But I really need CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() so that my software can react to G-Key presses.
So is this also available in the CUE Engine V1 if I talk to using the most recent SDK dll?
I could not tell you for sure without testing but iCUE is decent and probably worth a shot for you, it just updated and you may find it more efficient.

@Mardy, this sounds like it is not related to the SDK but the way you are applying the effect. It may be a preview, i have no strips connected so i am not 100% on that.