Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro not syncing HD140 and RGB strips

Curvy95Honda

Was wondering if there is something I am missing, getting my fans and light strips to sync correctly.

I searched the forums and google but, there doesn't seem to be any other threads with this questions so, I am wondering if there was something I missed.

Currently, my HD140mm RGB Fans don't sync correctly with my Lighting Node Pro RGB strips. I have all 4 of my RGB strips daisy chained on one lead from the Node Pro and the fans all connected to the fan controller that came with the two-pack of fans, which is also connected to the Node pro. The fans PWM controls are however connected directly to my motherboard.

In "Color Wave" mode, alternating between Orange and Blue, everything starts out one color. All of my fans and all of the strips start out Blue but, as time goes on, the fans get out of sync with the RGB strips. Eventually they catch back up and are all synced again but, it starts over and they get out of sync. What I end up with is a case that has alternating two colors but, the fans and strips are almost never the same color.

I have tried to mess with the speed settings for each controlled unit but, that doesn't seem to work, they just get faster or slower and still stay out of sync. I have checked and double checked for updates but all is updated.

Kinda seems like the RGB strips are supposed to sync with the HD120's rather than my 140's. The sync timing is only slightly off so, it just seems like the 140's aren't up to speed yet. I would think the HD120's have the same amount of lights as the 140's however the distance between lights is obviously greater on the 140's, which is what leads me to believe the 140's just aren't set up for their own timing sync for use with the strips.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, that worked almost.... When I changed the dropdown box to "RGB HD Fan" on both sets of lighting, it worked sync-wise but, the strips started their pattern in the middle of the strip and didn't cycle all the way back to the starting point on the strip, it stopped short the two extra lights it seems.

When I changed the dropdown box to "RGB LED Strip" on both sets of lights, it worked. They now start and stop at the beginning of the strip and sync perfectly.

The only drawback now is one of my 4 HD140 fans only half works. It lights only half of the lights on the fan. I think I will take that as opposed to the entire set being out of sync and swap that fan lead to another less conspicuous location but, it definitely worked sync-wise.

I understand there is a difference in quantity of lights on each unit but, there has got to be a way to make these sync correctly. Seems more like a timing issue than a hardware issue but I am not a developer and can't attest to that.

Thank you for the reply, I'd of never guessed that one on my own :D:

I'd of never guessed that one on my own :D:

I reverse engineered the LED Control Protocol and as a result know what is and is not possible. CL4 can only control 12 or 10 LED Items, but many others are possible.

I have 2 x 72 LED strips and using my own software can get waves to move across all 72 LEDs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168504

Seems more like a timing issue than a hardware issue but I am not a developer and can't attest to that.

After pondering this I suspect it all comes down to what the "speed" is or should be. There are two obvious options:

1. The speed/time to move from LED to LED.
  2. The speed/time to traverse a set of 10/12 LEDs.

At the moment it's #1 and I am starting to suspect #2 would be a better design as with more LEDs the LED to LED time needs to be smaller for things to remain synchronised.

Archived