Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 stopped detecting all hardware?

NeonRain

Hi guy's, yesterday i was gaming a bit and link was working fine.

I then shut down the system for a couple hours and when i booted back up i noticed right away that the corsair logo on my H100i v2 turned white again?

Corsair link 4 opened with windows startup as normal but when i checked the software all my hardware monitoring was gone?

I use it with a commander mini for fan control and it has worked without problems for 2 years or so. I'm now unable to edit the rgb or fans or monitor my temps.

I tried unplugging the main power for 15 minutes, i reinstalled Link 4 and also an older version i still had. Checked all the cables etc but i cant find anything.

The pump and fans are still working btw.

I didn't install anything new or changed any hardware for a while, i downloaded CIV and compared with screenshots from this forum but all looks the same as far as i can see.

Oh and at windows startup it does seem to apply my fan settings.

i downloaded CIV and compared with screenshots from this forum but all looks the same as far as i can see.

Assuming so what same as which screen shots? I am unclear as to if SIV is reporting the CL hardware or not. Posting screen shots would clarify things.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29797&d=1497000904

Clearly SIV is correctly reporting both the CLCC + H100iV2 so your issue must be totally down to the CL 4.7.0.77 (I assume) software. As CL4 is not my software I don't really know what the issue could be and suggest you ask Corsair Support via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp.

I or other members may be able to help if you post the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot so we can see exactly what CL4 does report.

It would be easier to know which screen is which if you used meaningful names as I intimated :idea:. The reason I ask for them all is that I have no way to know which will be needed to isolate an issue.

BTW .PNG gives sharper/crisper images than .JPG.

Oh sorry again haha, i understand the easier i make it for you the easier it is to track down the problem.

Its really weird, the software never crashed or anything and i only have rivatuner running and they never collided before.

Home screen is all empty?

I also tried changing the led (corsair logo) color with SIV but it wont apply.

1142482504_CorsairLink4homescreen.thumb.png.a4b45bbf071f439d98aa2803b622e7f2.png

I also noticed that before in task manager there were two corsair link applications running and now its one and it uses 0% cpu?

And if i check the services i can find that Corsairlink4.services had stopped working. If i go to my c drive and try to manually start the Link 4 services exe it also crashes?

In the last png (Corsairlink4.service stopped working) the first line reads (rough translation)

Unprocessed exception : System.reflectio.targetinvocationexception. The target of a calling? caused an exception system.net.httplistenerexception: Acces denied.

177719522_Taskmanager.png.c7a10f9f14d9b8124bc24d35845060b3.png

102060440_Taskmanagerservices.png.27f3f3d5b0c6c140a7c7179392f622cf.png

1099567840_Corsairlink4.servicestoppedworking.thumb.png.bf001e3145deec61f6f43a5c7a263596.png

1. Home screen is all empty?
  2. I also tried changing the led (corsair logo) color with SIV but it wont apply.

1. This probably down to the CL4 service crashing, log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask for this to be fixed :idea:.
  2. Which LED? For me to sensibly comment you need to post [Link LEDs], have you read the SIV User Guide? SIV can only control the H100iV2 LED when running in -AIOCTL mode :nodding:.

Thanks! i''ll contact corsair about it.

I got the led working, i followed the guide before but when changing the SIV qualifiers i pressed okay instaed of save. I was under the impression i had them turned on. It works now.

To be honest i have little faith in corsair fixing my specific problem since it has worked for 2 years and stopped out of the blue. Must be within my system and they cant really help me there. I'll give it a try though.

For now i'll uninstall Link 4 and just use SIV, great monitoring software thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=29798&d=1497000910

For now i'll uninstall Link 4 and just use SIV, great monitoring software thanks!

SIV reporting -60°C is silly and I should fix this, it will take me maybe 30 seconds ;):. To enable me to do this please either post Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug or ideally the save files, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I would need/like. If you prefer you can e-mail them to me. Having the save files means I can actually test the change.

Pressing [ OK ] rather than [save] would explain things.

i tried saving the file by following your explanation in the link and when i do the save selected i miss about 3 of the options and when i press start my system freezes half way?

I tried it 3 times but it keeps freezing i need to hard reset my pc.

i tried saving the file by following your explanation in the link and when i do the save selected i miss about 3 of the options and when i press start my system freezes half way?

I tried it 3 times but it keeps freezing i need to hard reset my pc.

Oops, which section was it processing then it "got stuck"? I suspect either [smb-bus] or [acpi-eval]. Please see http://rh-software.com/ for how to generate the debug information I need to fix this.

What is the very last line in the save file that was generated?

After pondering I suspect [smb-bus], see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892789 for how this was fixed this for a different MSI motherboard.

yeah it freezes at smb-bus every time, i made screenshots of the sensor debug for you but i cant get the file saved.

I quite a noob when it comes to this stuff :)

the last line was processing section 144 smb-bus

1694590108_sensordebug1.thumb.png.043a6dc36b261406493a89f14cfc9828.png

1384397510_sensordebug2.thumb.png.bc8fcad5153b043376c958d17d7036b0.png

I quite a noob when it comes to this stuff :)

the last line was processing section 144 smb-bus

Thank you for the screen shots, I can see it's T2 CPUTIN and have just added the 3 lines of code to SIV that should make it "go away" in the next SIV 5.20 beta. For now don't try and get the save file as we need to fix [smb-bus] first.

Fixing [smb-bus] is trickier, can manage to do as I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892789?

At a guess you we need exclusions for [ 0_21 ] + [ 0_22 ] so add those and then try the following command.

SIV64X -DBGSMB -SAVE=[sMB-BUS][PMB-BUS]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | MORE

btw, i think my system has a bigger problem?

Corsair link service/link 4 wont work anymore.

Msi gaming app had something running in the background wich also stopped working and the software crashes and my motherboard leds are back to default.

msigamindosdx64 and msigamingosdx86 both stop working and crash the program .

Also since yesterday if reboot my system it freezes before the bios and gives motherboard code A2. I i shut it down and the reboot it it starts up normally?

Never had any problems with this system and didnt install any software or hardware recently.

i have issues if i try to run Msi Commander or Msi Gaming app along side link. i got rid of them as i didnt really use them

I used them alongside each other for a long time before this without problems.

I dont run gaming app at startup i only used it to set my mobo's rgb and never look at it again. But if uninstall it my rgb settings go away also (which happent anyway now)

stupid question , but where do i enter the command?

I tend to forget that what is obvious to me is not to many members. You need to open an admin command window, CD to the SIV folder and then enter it there.

Running any motherboard maker supplied utilities and CL4 or SIV at the same time is almost asking for issues. None of them use the locks they should use so strange and unexpected things are likely to happen from time to time. If you choose to run ASUS AI Suite or MSI Commander at the same time as SIV you are "on your own" as I cannot support this, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037. Also see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901246 and follow the links to see what can happen when utilities fail to use the locks and yes the DIMM SPD data really can get corrupted :eek:.

I suspect most of the time you will "get away" with doing this and doubt this is the reason CL4 crashes, though it might be. Corsair should analyse the crash dump files which is what I do if there is an issue with SIV as this is the only sensible way to ensure a utility is reliable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29815&stc=1&d=1497083781

1348561274_OpenanAdmincommandwindow.png.462f8304a21ec85215c11b92ae6a4d5b.png

Did you try with removing the log files and restart corsair link? That worked for me.

Close corsair link 4.

Go to C:\ProgramData\CLink4

Delete al log files.

Restart Corsair Link 4

That was the solution that worked for me.

Goodluck!

Archived