Corsair Community

Corsair Link Windows 8.1 Update

jnewegger23

I see that RAM guy has posted a sticky for beta candidates. I really appreciate that. (Here's the link for that: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118618)

However, I did pm an administrator over a week ago and heard nothing back. My intent with this thread is to make an easy place for others like myself who come on here to find any updates made or timelines to be placed for a new software update for corsair link. Not displaying anything is unacceptable. I currently have the registry hack employed but I obviously would prefer corsair's final solution.

For those who are catching up on this issue, I'll take a step back and briefly reiterate the issue at hand. After updating to Windows 8.1 Corsair Link fails to display fan control among other things. There is a registry hack provided by others on the forum here and other places but Corsair's response is that it will take 4-6 weeks to provide a solution in terms of a compatible software update. There has been much discussion over this but that is not the point of this thread.

I haven't tried the beta candidates ram guy has posted yet as none describe compatibility with windows 8.1. If someone would like to chime in and let the rest of us know what their experience is with those (2.4.5065 or 2.4.4948) vs 2.3.4816 with Windows 8.1 I and I'm sure many others would much appreciate the info.

To those reading, please do not argue or insult each other so that the administrators need not close the thread for any reason. I and many others would much appreciate keeping this available to others for ease of access. Say what you must but keep time on task efficient please.

If you've read the other posts regarding this issue, you'd see that I am successfully running Windows 8.1 with Corsair LINK.

Please see this Post:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=123105

So there are many of us that are operating just fine. To use a variant of a recently quoted comment:

I Like My LINK, and I'm keeping My LINK.

RodeoGeorge

Actually Corsair Link RC v2.4.5110 and a little registry hack works fine with Windows 8.1. Since I have been using this version and the following Registry hack it works fine with Windows 8.1. Please follow the below example and the latest installer for Corsair Link will work fine.

First go to the following HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04...

You will find four DWORD change these from 1 - 0

1. AllowIdleIrpInD3

2. DeviceSelectiveSuspended

3, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled (This may already be set to 0)

4. SelectiveSuspendEnabled)

REBOOT Your System...

When you restart your OS go to CorsairLink and then arrange your H80i or H100i to whatever style you want.

Microsoft decided on allowing Windows 8.1 to enable Selective Suspend on HID by default which is a good idea in one sense... however, the current firmware does not allow this for Corsair H80i and H100i. If you follow the above procedure and do the Registry Hack it will show up in Corsair Link and you'll see the pump and fans running.

Corsair will resolve this in due course, I respect them for their honesty and straight to the point admitting their is an issue. not like some companies who blame Microsoft and not taking ownership of the situation.

@wa3pnt (rodeo george)

I've read some of the posts on these forums but not all and apparently I didn't get to yours. I appreciate your feedback. I'm running fine in Windows 8.1 as well using the registry Hack. How did you accomplish yours? (edit: just read your post and glad you put your link to it here; makes it easier for others to find like myself who may not have otherwise). To reiterate, the purpose is to make it easier for more people to stay updated. I'm not asking for help from the community for myself; I found it frustrating to sift through all the posts to see what the latest word is.

@Sybink

I really appreciate your response. This is helpful. Could you re-edit your post for a moment and include the link where others may find the version you have listed (it's not included in the link I have posted). Eventually, I'm just hoping that an administrator will take a few minutes to update for example, "Corsair is looking to release a final update mid Dec" or something to that effect and someone can find this thread easily and download when that time comes if it isn't posted to the corsair website itself yet.

Nonetheless, I appreciate both of your contributions thus far and hope it aides others as well.

Thanks!

However, I did pm an administrator over a week ago and heard nothing back. My intent with this thread is to make an easy place for others like myself who come on here to find any updates made or timelines to be placed for a new software update for corsair link. Not displaying anything is unacceptable.

All the update information was stickied . But right now the forums are going through a restructuring as we speak so some things have been mis-placed.

Eventually, I'm just hoping that an administrator will take a few minutes to update for example, "Corsair is looking to release a final update mid Dec" or something to that effect and someone can find this thread easily and download when that time comes if it isn't posted to the corsair website itself yet.

Sorry, but until they are ready they just wont release any information or hint to a release date. Once they have that information the sticky will be updated and that sticky is usually in the LINK section of the forums..

• Administrators
However, I did pm an administrator over a week ago
Who?

Corsair's response is that it will take 4-6 weeks to provide a solution in terms of a compatible software update.
Actually, George said:

Hey guys, quick heads up.

Our 8.1 testing of Corsair Link has been pretty eventful and requires some significant modification. We're making some changes on the way the USB device is identified as well as on the .NET side.

Once we're through with our internal testing process, we will release it here in BETA mode for a limited time for you to test and report bugs and incompatibilities.

Once that BETA is complete we will update the build on our website and here in the forums to the most recent, Windows 8.1 compatible build.

The timeline depends on how the stability and compatibility testing goes and how many bugs are reported in the BETA. We hope to have a Windows 8.1 BETA available in the next 4-6 weeks here on the forum.

I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause you.

I haven't tried the beta candidates ram guy has posted yet as none describe compatibility with windows 8.1. If someone would like to chime in and let the rest of us know what their experience is with those (2.4.5065 or 2.4.4948) vs 2.3.4816 with Windows 8.1 I and I'm sure many others would much appreciate the info.
The latest is RC 2.4.5110 (10/10/2013) and it doesn't officially support Windows 8.1.

@technobeard

I pm'd Corsair George about 3 weeks ago actually asking to send me a link where to find in the forums the latest updates. I appreciate your input, I'm sure many like myself who don't frequent the forums that much will make it much easier to stay up to date. Can you see the fan settings (quiet, balanced, etc.) on 2.4.5110? What tweaks, hacks, registry changes, etc. have you done to make it work closer to "normal" for you? Any further detail on that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Justin S.

• 4 months later...

Archived