Corsair Community

Sound isn't working

Pickletoes

I have old Logitch Z-5300 5.1 speakers. 3 plugins (front, rear, center) come out of the sub and are supposed to go into the sound card. C1 seems to have sound on the video card I guess?!~? But the vid card plugs read L-out, L-in, CS-out, RS-out. I've tried many combinations of plugs but the best I can do is front speakers only, during games, or Center Sub for movies where u almost can't hear the voices at all.

Someone please help! Do I just need a new speaker setup? Should I look for Bluetooth speakers?

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee
I have old Logitch Z-5300 5.1 speakers. 3 plugins (front, rear, center) come out of the sub and are supposed to go into the sound card. C1 seems to have sound on the video card I guess?!~? But the vid card plugs read L-out, L-in, CS-out, RS-out. I've tried many combinations of plugs but the best I can do is front speakers only, during games, or Center Sub for movies where u almost can't hear the voices at all.

Someone please help! Do I just need a new speaker setup? Should I look for Bluetooth speakers?

Thanks in advance

you may want to enable that feature in windows first. Here's a guide

So I read the guide and did the 3 steps. Nothing was fixed. I even downloaded/installed the RealTec audio drivers like he suggested.

I now have 2 front speakers that work great, the others do nothing. Also, my Realtec toolbar icon is gone for some reason so I lost the ability to use it's software.

Any other advice would be great

• Corsair Employee
So I read the guide and did the 3 steps. Nothing was fixed. I even downloaded/installed the RealTec audio drivers like he suggested.

I now have 2 front speakers that work great, the others do nothing. Also, my Realtec toolbar icon is gone for some reason so I lost the ability to use it's software.

Any other advice would be great

You can get the realtek audio manager back, you will just need to download and install separately since the software suit is separate from the driver. Keep in mind that the software suit has the ability to reassign the audio port functionality so you may want to be careful when you’re using it

Archived