Corsair Community

Where is the 680x and 600D?

solarity

Many would like to see scaled down version of the 1000D, yet something bigger than the 500D. As cool as the 1000D, it is to big for most people, granted it is geared for massive custom loops as well as dual PC streaming. Most of the people I know, who do custom loops use 360mm rads. A 360mm rad provides the best value for performance as the markup between 240mm and 360mm is fairly small, compared to the jump between 360mm and 480mm. It also is a good fit, since most cases can take at least one. If you take a look at the watercooling subreddit and OCN forum, you will see a lot of people with the Evolv, R6, View 71, and some other competitors, all of which can hold dual 360mm rads. It would be awesome to see something from Corsair in this weight class! When I was building my dual 360mm system, I looked at both the 460x and 570x. Though neither could hold what I wanted :(

One last thing the front glass of the 1000D goes really well with Corsair's RGB Fans :-)

Lastly if you do this make any 3.5" drive bay removable. Hope to see something at Computex 2018! ;-)

It seems like there is a good chance the 750D will need successor in the near future. Hopefully the points above are taken into the consideration and there does appear to be a need for a case with those attributes in that class.

Yeah I looked at some of the cases, and they seem like they are from a previous generation. Seems like all but the Full Towers got an update, granted I bet Full Towers sell less than mid and micro. I prefer a pocket full size. Large enough to take 2x360 on top and front, though not to huge. The tower that blurs the line between mid and full.

I also love the stealth look with the tented glass, it is neat how it can go from understated to RGB Corsair Craze with a press of a button.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a 680x. A slightly bigger case and this time actually fit a 280 rad at the top. More 2.5" storage placements. Bring back the HDD light indicator.

I hope corsair is taking notes and fix all the flaws from the 460x and 570x. Lessons not only to be learned but carried out and corrected. There good cases, it just doesn't meet my requirements for a build. Shortcomings here and there I'm not willing to compromise.

Archived