Corsair Community

Commander Pro questions

Jramos91

I've recently bought a Commander Pro along with 2 LL120 fans, while the fans do turn on and are detected by both iCue and LINK software systems, the LEDs in them do not turn on, thus I cannot use the RGB function, my question is: Do I need to purchase a simple RGB Led HUB for the fans as well? or am I doing something wrong?

I was under the impression that the Commander Pro would serve all my needs and I would not need a "3rd" component to manage my system.

Yes, you need the RGB Lighting Hub too. The Commander Pro (or Lighting Node Pro) is the hardware brains and lighting effect controller, but the RGB Hub is the actual power conduit for the lighting and will have its own SATA power line. You can't stick 16 LEDs on a fan and then run it through a 1.0A motherboard header. This only works by separating the fan motor power and lighting power into two pathways and thus the two wires. The smaller flat one goes into the RGB Hub. Those come included on multi-packs (120x3 or 140x2), but you probably missed out by getting the two singles.

Archived