Corsair Community

Vengeance vs Dominator

Bruce Banner

im hesitant to answer, i wouldnt want to make you angry....i wouldnt like you when you are angry! hehe

i really dont know the technical details of what is under the spreaders but the Dominators DHX heatsink i think costs more than the Vengeance one but you do have a good question id like to see an official answer to as well for my own knowledge.

• Corsair Employees

Vengeance modules are made for and tested on Intel Sandy Bridge chipsets and yes the cost of high density memory IC has dropped dramatically in the lest 6 months, however, not all chipsets will support high density memory like what is used on our vengeance modules. They will run at DDR1600 at 1.5 Volts on most MB's but when used on other Chipsets (Other than Intel Sandy Bridge) the memory voltage may need to be 1.6 Volts or higher to run stable.

So bottom line XMS, Dominator Vs Vengeance is like apple to oranges no way to compare really. And you should go by the memory confirurator for your specific MB.

This might be the same question about a slightly different platform. I am trying to plan my memory for an upcoming Intel X79 Board with Quad Channel Memory. It’s not the mainstream Sandy Bridge but the Sandy E platform LGA2011. Again, if the Vengeance modules spec out better shouldn’t I just get them? I am not concerned with paying $100 more either way; I just want the best Corsair memory for this build. Thanks Ram Guy.

dual, triple and quad channel is a function of the chipset, not the ram.

if your kit has 4 sticks from the same package it will work in a "quad" channel scenario.

just be sure the ram is compatible with the motherboard ;)

Are you with the Corsair Group, here to help people?

• Corsair Employees
Synthohol Is not officially working for Corsair but he does and will continue to help our customers (I Hope) and has Ram Guy's Official seal of approval for helping us and you or customers like you.

• 2 years later...
What would you recommended for an i4770k running on a Asus Maximus VI gene. I originally was gonna look at vengence, but considered dominator (mostly because they look wicked awesome). But wouldnt want to get something that didnt work well. The memory configuration doesnt list the new Maximus VI Gene

Hi

I bought the Vengeance® — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8) and after 1 year and 1 month one just stopped working. I could not return it because of the 1 year warranty from store. Not happy!, Anycase, how do i replace it considering I cant buy a single 4gb as the kit was 4Gb x 2, and will it be advisable to put another brand of ram with the remaining Corsair 4gb?

Anycase, how do i replace it considering I cant buy a single 4gb as the kit was 4Gb x 2,

Just use the link on the left to request an RMA.

Just keep in mind that you will need to send all sticks in the kit so you receive a matched set in return. So i would just limp along with your other brand until your replacement kit arrives. Or once you receive your RMA number you can contact CS by phone to request an advanced replacement kit.

As far as running different memories is concerned...you can try what you like but there is no guarantee that they will be stable. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't. But Corsair does not officially advise that you do.

Here again, since you will have to return both sticks this shouldn't really be an issue.

Archived