Corsair Community

K70 suddenly lost most functionality

MitchC

Hi there.

I've owned my K70 for about 2 months now and it's been working completely fine up until a sudden hitch.

As of a couple of days ago out of the blue, I have lost most functionality on the media/light keys.

It would be easier for me to highlight on a screenshot what has completely stopped working.

(Screenshot is a generic screenshot grabbed from google)

http://www.imgjoe.com/x/whatisdead.jpg

Every button highlighted above has died, including the LEDs over the entire keyboard EXCEPT the Capslock,ScrollLock,Numlock lights(not keys) & the button to the LEFT of the led brightness button.

Up until the death of said items, there was no signs what so ever of faultiness however...

When I received this keyboard I noticed that it had no seals, the box looked like it had been opened (a crease on the cardboard "door") and the key remover was missing along with the red WASD keys (numbers were included). So I'm wondering if I have received a previously owned keyboard despite buying an advertised brand new keyboard. There are almost some minor cosmetic wears that doesn't seem to be a manufacturing fault.. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to this because I was so excited to have such an awesome keyboard that looked phenomenal and to be quite frank.. It worked how I wanted it to.

Is this something that other users have faced, or a common problem? Is there a simple fix?

Kind Regards,

Mitch.

The keyboard might be faulty, try it on another computer and see if the buttons work fine.

As for the packaging, When you buy something always make sure the seal is not broken or missing. If there is no seal or its broken, reject it and tell the seller to get another one for you (Unless its mentioned as an open box). It sounds like you were sold a returned product or probably a display unit that the seller decided to use.

The keyboard might be faulty, try it on another computer and see if the buttons work fine.

As for the packaging, When you buy something always make sure the seal is not broken or missing. If there is no seal or its broken, reject it and tell the seller to get another one for you (Unless its mentioned as an open box). It sounds like you were sold a returned product or probably a display unit that the seller decided to use.

The same issue occurs on 2 other computers.

After closer inspection the seals are there, however they perfectly cut, by a razor / craft knife - I didn't even notice until going back for second inspection - I didn't know about returning to seller if the seal was broken, although I'm probably passed the returning point.

Where should I go from here as to fixing?

Edit: I've approached the retailer as to how they can help me, although I'm not sure if I'm still covered by their returns - we'll see.

Edit2: The retailer I purchased the k70 from has given me an RMA# - and whiles repacking the k70 back up I noticed that there was someone else's RMA slip tucked inside one of the booklets, which I didn't notice first time around, so this product couldn't of been brand new - I'm not really too happy about the fact that I'm having to pay postage, for their mistake.

Kind Regards.

Hello MitchC,

Did you already send in your KB? If not, i can request for a prepaid label for you since it's only been 2 months.

I literately just sent it off to my retailer not too long ago - unfortunately they weren't so considerate to offer a prepaid label, despite them sending me a pre-RMA'd product. (I found an RMA slip from a previous owner tucked away).

They've guaranteed me a "grade A unopened brand new" K70. (Which I should hope, considering I'm paying an extra fee on top of my original price)

If the replacement isn't a brand new / sealed product I may bypass my retailer and see what I can do from there, until then, thanks for the help.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Just for an update.

Retailer found the fault and sent a replacement, this time the product was completed sealed, everything included & shrink wrapped. (brand new basically)

So glad to be using the K70 again, I almost lost my mind without it!

Regards,

Mitch.

Archived