Corsair Community

SDK Updated (v1.15.28)

• 2 months later...

@hastegag: Do I have to install CUE v2 to get the CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() function? Or is it also available provided by the latest CUE Engine v1.xx?

I tested V2 on another laptop, to see how it is, but it uses a lot of CPU which is not acceptable for me.

It always uses >5% CPU (enough to keep my fan spinning which is annoying) whereas V1 uses 0.5%.

That was when I tested it like in December. Is it still the case? (Btw, my CPU is not bad: i7-4720HQ, 8 cores, 2.6 GHz)

Also it really annoys me that it comes with 500 MB of data which seems to be for the "fancy" GUI.

But I really need CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() so that my software can react to G-Key presses.

So is this also available in the CUE Engine V1 if I talk to using the most recent SDK dll?

Edited by ygolohcisp

I just made the jump from Link 4 to iCUE and am having lighting issues with my fans (LLs) and LED strips. Since Link 4 won't update, my fans still have residual boot commands from link 4 that I can't turn off because the forced update's lack of conclusion. Whenever I try to change the lighting effects, the speed of the lighting changes is incredibly fast and not alterable. I assume this is because it is getting a double command, but I don't know anything. Is there a reason Link 4 won't complete its update, and will this problem go away once i get access back to link 4?

Also, I can't seem to turn off the "rain" effect on the LED strips, even with the lighting effect deleted. All I can do is turn on another lighting effect and select "View only selected effect." I also want to note that the LEDs are not trying to follow the sequential effect I had set up in Link 4.

Let me know if there's anything I can do, thank you.

@hastegag: Do I have to install CUE v2 to get the CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() function? Or is it also available provided by the latest CUE Engine v1.xx?

But I really need CorsairRegisterKeypressCallback() so that my software can react to G-Key presses.

So is this also available in the CUE Engine V1 if I talk to using the most recent SDK dll?

I could not tell you for sure without testing but iCUE is decent and probably worth a shot for you, it just updated and you may find it more efficient.

@Mardy, this sounds like it is not related to the SDK but the way you are applying the effect. It may be a preview, i have no strips connected so i am not 100% on that.