Corsair Community

Relly Low Performance on New Drive

Chris87

I bought a Brand new force series 120gb it it not hitting anywhere near over 200mb/s read or anything like advertised. Runing Ahci mode and drivers are installed. I also tried that format guide with the parted magic tools but says drives frozen and it does something to still format the formating was averaged 222mb/s as i watched. I could not reinsate image so i had to do a frsh windows 7 install again after the format. My chipset is nvidia.

Hd tune go a min of 93.9/s max 171.3mb/s and 132.1 average. Is there something wrong with this drive. Iv seen advertised speeds way higher as well as reviews.

ok, when the results are in the foreground window, hold down ALT and hit PrintScreen. this will capture just the atto window not the whole desktop. then right button click on your desktop and select New->Bitmap image then hit enter or name it. then right button click the icon and hit edit. when MSpaint opens hit edit -> paste. now hit file ->save as.. then name it and save as a .jpg image on your desktop. then come back here and click post reply not quick reply and scroll down to "manage attachments" and browse to the file. select it and click upload. close that window then type at leqast 10 letters so it will let you post.

/edit]wish i found this first---> http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Archived