Corsair Community

Are my Temps normal on the Corsair One Pro?

kc0019

Hi everyone, just got into computer gaming and needed a new computer for work so...I picked up the Corsair One Pro! So far I have not had any issues, but noticed that some of the temperatures seemed very high, especially when doing pretty normal work (google chrome open, several excel files, nothing too heavy).

This attachment is after a full day of work and no gaming, can anyone please let me know if this is normal?

I'm new to all of this so not sure, figured I should ask just in case. Thank you!!

1138123034_CorsairOneProTemps.thumb.PNG.3baabdec7339fa8da409648b0e4422c0.PNG

LOL. You had me going until I recognized your were using the Fahrenheit scale. No, 26C on the GPU and mid 30s Celsius on the cores is great. You can/should ignore most of the temps in the Motherboard section of Link. It does not read the motherboard data very well. Nothing in your system is 225F. It is very common to see glitched readings display the min/max possible values at the end of the scale (0C, 127C).

Which version of Link are you using?

Oh, you're right. I see HDD temps. Must be 4.6 or older. If no issues it is certainly OK. Looks like one physical HD. Probably worth finding out if its is being constantly accessed and if that matters to you.

Oh, you're right. I see HDD temps. Must be 4.6 or older. If no issues it is certainly OK. Looks like one physical HD. Probably worth finding out if its is being constantly accessed and if that matters to you.

Could you point me in the direction of how to do this? Tried to find some articles or steps but not sure what is correct.

The Corsair One appears to have its own version of Link. I don’t know if the most recent version monitors drive temps. I suspect it does not monitor the drives and the problem is software related rather Corsair One specific.

To see what’s going on, you need a more detailed monitoring app. I like HWINFO, but there most certainly are other choices. When you load up HWINFO, click “sensors only”. It will then give you a warning about monitoring Corsair devices. Click “don’t monitor”. This will prevent both apps from trying to access the same Corsair hardware. Also, download the “portable version” of HWiNFO. The installer version will leave the HWiNFO driver and we don’t want it there all the time in a Link/iCUE active system. There will be a large section for drives with temps and activity. You will want to expand the panel to see it.

The Corsair One appears to have its own version of Link. I don’t know if the most recent version monitors drive temps. I suspect it does not monitor the drives and the problem is software related rather Corsair One specific.

To see what’s going on, you need a more detailed monitoring app. I like HWINFO, but there most certainly are other choices. When you load up HWINFO, click “sensors only”. It will then give you a warning about monitoring Corsair devices. Click “don’t monitor”. This will prevent both apps from trying to access the same Corsair hardware. Also, download the “portable version” of HWiNFO. The installer version will leave the HWiNFO driver and we don’t want it there all the time in a Link/iCUE active system. There will be a large section for drives with temps and activity. You will want to expand the panel to see it.

Downloaded HWINFO and my temps look normal other than my SSD Drive temperature 2. From what I have found online that temperature is above the max. Should I be concerned? It is fluctuating and not staying that high.

Capture.PNG.c038e94caaaa4e04e5c29d2afcd3bbb7.PNG

There is lots of chatter out there about what HWINFO drive #2 really is. To my knowledge, Samsung has never officially responded to the question. Most people seem to think #1 is the drive chip and #2 is memory controller. Either way, the when you see people online talking about their "drive temp", they are referring to #1.

I have a Samsung 960 PRO and ran a 3 min benchmark. I did it twice, once with my lower 2x140 maxed out and a hand held 80mm spot fan blowing on the drive. Then again with my fans in a very relaxed state, like at normal idle. Temp 1 behaves like a normal heat sink device. The temp slowly ramps up under load and responds to direct cooling. I can shed a few degrees by angling the 80 mm fan at it or not. This is how most m.2 drives work and I have been using one since they came out. Temp 2 is different. At idle with the lowest possible activity (it is my C drive), the difference between Temp 1 and 2 is about 7C. At max load, it expands out to 20-22C. Nothing I do with the fans makes any difference for Temp 2. It is clearly load/voltage dependent and I don't think there is anything you can do either, other than to keep the case in a lower temperature zone. That in turn benefits all components.

What I can't see in your shot is the 960 activity level. With a temp 1 at 41 and temp 2 at +30C, that suggests you are fully loaded at that moment. You may also have a 960 EVO and my tighter temps and construction is what you get for your extra $$$ when buying the Pro. I think that is the only reason your Temp 1/Temp delta is higher than mine. So no, I don't think you should be concerned unless it is stuck there OR it is 70C+ with minimal drive activity.

Archived