Corsair Community

Corsair Link Fan Detection stopped by itself

Laugher

Greetings.

I have had my corsair H100i connected to 4 corsair static pressure fans for quite a while, and it has been working as intended. Suddenly, without me changing anything in the configuration or updating the corsair link software, it couldn't detect any of the 4 connected fans, they weren't moving, and my pc suffered from blue screens of death because of the high temperature.

I updated to the latest corsair link, restarted, that didn't solve the problem.

I uninstalled corsair link, including the configuration, restarted, installed the latest version, restarted, that didn't fix the problem.

I cannot use my PC with all of the fans turned off, it gets too hot.

Corsair Link does detect my H100i

What should I do?

Many thanks in advance,

Laugher

Start an RMA. The cooler has gone out.

What are the CPU temps in the BIOS?

In the BIOS:

CPU Temperature is +34C/+93F

MB Temperature +26C/+78F

PCH CORE Temperature +48C/+118F

CPU Fan Speed 2335-2360 RPM

How does the RMA procedure work? Isn't it within 30 days only? It has been far longer than that for me (Bought it from amazon.com I believe).

Hmmm ... the CPU temperature in the BIOS is OK. If we had a pump failure, we should see that increase rapidly while still in the BIOS.

Which H100i do you have? There are several flavors of the H100i and it does make a difference.

Also, I notice that you have an EVGA GPU. Are you running Precision XOC? We've had a number of issues recently with XOC wreaking havoc with the Corsair coolers.

Hmmm ... the CPU temperature in the BIOS is OK. If we had a pump failure, we should see that increase rapidly while still in the BIOS.

Which H100i do you have? There are several flavors of the H100i and it does make a difference.

Also, I notice that you have an EVGA GPU. Are you running Precision XOC? We've had a number of issues recently with XOC wreaking havoc with the Corsair coolers.

Yeah I believe the pump is fine, it's just that it stopped detecting the fans and turning them on.

I have the original H100i with the square CPU pump unit thingy with cut out corners

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/~/media/C0B0B29A7EE94476A399215347537FCD.ashx

I had evga xoc installed but not running on startup. I have completely removed it now, reinstalled the latest version of corsair link, and nothing has changed. Corsair Link can't detect the fans connected to it, therefore they're not turning on, even when the processor gets REALLY hot.

It was working perfectly before, I didn't open my PC case since then. It just stopped detecting them without me changing anything I'm afraid..

Yeah I believe the pump is fine, it's just that it stopped detecting the fans and turning them on.

The pump itself may be fine but it's looking like maybe the micro controller is kerfluffled.

Corsair Link can't detect the fans connected to it, therefore they're not turning on, even when the processor gets REALLY hot.

It was working perfectly before, I didn't open my PC case since then. It just stopped detecting them without me changing anything I'm afraid..

The fans don't spin at all? That's indicative of a failure in the micro controller or fan controller. And the fans shouldn't spin based on CPU temp but rather on pump temperature.

Can you post a shot of your Link configuration screen?

The pump itself may be fine but it's looking like maybe the micro controller is kerfluffled.

The fans don't spin at all? That's indicative of a failure in the micro controller or fan controller. And the fans shouldn't spin based on CPU temp but rather on pump temperature.

Can you post a shot of your Link configuration screen?

Yes, the fans are not detected, and are not spinning at all.

I tried disconnecting them from the unit, from power, unplugging and re-plugging the cables without success. The unit has power, as the rgb lighting works. I even tried connecting only 2 fans without success.

I also tried to use a very old version of corsair link, without success.

I am using the default corsair link configuration with zero changes.

Can't see my H100i fans in it.

RMA from Corsair is valid for the lifetime of your warranty. You will need the receipt.

As for the fans not being detected, IIRC, that pump is SATA powered. Can you confirm?

And what 4 fans do/did you have connected to it? (make and model)

RMA from Corsair is valid for the lifetime of your warranty. You will need the receipt.

As for the fans not being detected, IIRC, that pump is SATA powered. Can you confirm?

And what 4 fans do/did you have connected to it? (make and model)

The pump is indeed sata powered, it has power (RGB led works), I even tried only using the stock 2 original fans, without success.

As for the fans, I am using the ones that came with the H100i, corsair static pressure fans. And the other 2 are also corsair static pressure fans which I bought separately.

Is the Corsair warranty worldwide? How about shipping fees? Does corsair take care of them? (Bought mine from amazon.com)

The pump is indeed sata powered, it has power (RGB led works), I even tried only using the stock 2 original fans, without success.

As for the fans, I am using the ones that came with the H100i, corsair static pressure fans. And the other 2 are also corsair static pressure fans which I bought separately.

The fans that you bought separately - are they 3 pin or 4 pin fans? There are a couple of flavors of Corsair SP fans and it does make a difference. Did you have the fans in push/pull configuration? I'm wondering if you went over 1A and blew out the fan controller.

Is the Corsair warranty worldwide? How about shipping fees? Does corsair take care of them? (Bought mine from amazon.com)

AFAIK, it is worldwide but you are responsible for the shipping to them. They pay return shipping.

Archived