Corsair Community

Thank god for Red Ray and Siv

squidman

Finally ditched corsair link (have old commander and fan extension) and it actually works! Put it off due to being afraid of overly complicated gui, but not too too terrible and actually works instead of crashing and actually sees all fans and corsair hardware! This after a mobo upgrade to x99 xeons v3 and 2x h80i's, old commander, and fan thing (with the absolute crap power to molex connecter that always comes loose..shame on you corsair!).

On latest win pro 10 creators update and can actually function! Only thing I haven't figured out with siv is how to load fan profiles automatically from some saved profiles...still doing it manually (usually on a custom super quiet profile with 600rpm fans (all 11! of them, and all pwm noctuas) or just the 'quiet' setting in siv.

All bow down to red ray! Thank you master! ;):

1. Finally ditched corsair link (have old commander and fan extension) and it actually works!
  2. Put it off due to being afraid of overly complicated gui, but not too too terrible
  3. actually works instead of crashing
  4. and actually sees all fans and corsair hardware!
  5. This after a mobo upgrade to x99 xeons v3 and 2x h80i's, old commander, and fan thing
  6. (with the absolute crap power to molex connecter that always comes loose..shame on you corsair!).
  7. On latest win pro 10 creators update and can actually function!
  8. Only thing I haven't figured out with siv is how to load fan profiles automatically from some saved profiles...
  9. still doing it manually (usually on a custom super quiet profile with 600rpm fans (all 11! of them, and all pwm noctuas) or just the 'quiet' setting in siv.

1. I just can't understand why CL4 fails to support the old Commander as it takes < 40 lines of C for SIV to do this :confused:.
  2. New users typically seem to take about 20 minutes to do the initial SIV setup. One comment was "The great functionality makes for a steep learning curve" :bigeyes:.
  3. SIV does crash once in a while and there is usually a beta within a couple of days that addresses this. The CL hardware support code is < 5% of the SIV code and I can't recall it being the cause of a crash, but maybe it was a long time ago. Of late most SIV CL hardware control issues are down to Corsair firmware regressions.
  4. This is what I would expect of any utility and should not be a surprise.
  5. I suspect you need to update your http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra information and if you post the SIV initial screen + Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug I may be able to improve what SIV reports as often I need to do this for Dual Xeon motherboards. Ideally post the SIV save files, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I would need/like.
  6. I would get my soldering iron out.
  7. SIV64 should also correctly report all 72 of your CPUs as unlike CL4 + CL3 it's 64-bit.
  8. How could/would SIV know when to "load fan profiles automatically from some saved profiles"? :confused:
  9. I suspect a few Menu->Profile->Export Cooling and then setting up Menu->Profile->Hot Keys would work for you :idea:.

2. Not supporting the old Commander is a strange decision given it takes SIV < 40 lines of C to support it.

Archived