Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance c70 Question

Scramjet

Hi All,

I bought some upgrade parts for my computer system and overlooked the fact that I should have bought low profile ram. So now I find I cannot install the side cover on my Antec 900 mid tower case.

This is my new system now;

ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core

Noctua NH-D15 SS02 Cpu cooler

Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB

G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2x8) Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZkW

Older parts are...Silverstone 1000 PSU and Corsair Gaming k70 RGB keyboard.

I watched several videos on youtube about the Corsair Vengence Series C70 mid Tower Case.

I am hoping someone here got the case and can take a measurement for me. I want to know the distance from the back plate where the motherboard attaches to the edge side panel? In my Antec 900 mid tower case there is 7" from back plate to the edge of side panel. I may need 8.5 or 9" to clear the protruding fan on the cpu cooler. The reason for asking is because I noticed there is a space behind the back plate for cable management on the Corsair Vengence C70 and was wondering if that takes away from the width inside. Greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

The C70 is a bit wider than your current case and has room for cable management. It will allow all of your existing parts to fit normally and be able to close the side panel.

Thank you Blake.

I just wanted to be sure that there was at least 8" from back plate to side panel.

I will have to call my friend at the local computer shop tomorrow.

cheers

@Blake,

I was chatting with my local computer shop and he advised me that the Corsair site states that the Corsair C70 case will only fit a 170mm cooler fan height.

Would you be so kind as to post a pic with a measuring tape showing the distance from the motherboard back plate to the edge of the side. 170mm just won't work for me.

You may be thinking of the normal installation of a Noctua NH-D15 cooler fan which can actually fit fine inside my Antec 900. But the other cooler fan over the RAM is 1/2 inch (13mm) further out.

Anyone else who may have this case can post a pic also if possible.

thanks

If you are wanting to still use that cooler, your total height will be 178mm from the mobo to the side panel. This exceeds the maximum cooler height of the C70 and I even noticed that just a normal NH-D15 (165mm) will just barely fit inside with the side panel closed. If you were to continue using this cooler, you will need to transfer over to a different case. Something like the Graphite Series 780T. However, if you are wanting to stick to the C70, I would highly recommend an AIO cooler like the H100i V2 or the H80i V2. Either one will be perfect for your build, but one of the better benefits is now, you can see your memory and will not have any clearance issues.

Archived