Corsair Community

H110i pump speed and iCUE

rhexis

i searched but didnt find any info on this. i have an h110i and ive created a custom fan profile. is there a way to create a custom profile for the pump? where the pump would switch from quiet to extreme at a certain package temp?

i searched but didnt find any info on this. i have an h110i and ive created a custom fan profile. is there a way to create a custom profile for the pump? where the pump would switch from quiet to extreme at a certain package temp?

No, it only operates on a fixed speed; they aren't dynamic based on temperature.

No, it is a simple low/high toggle setting. There are no Corsair coolers with dynamically adjustable pump curves. On the bright side, it should be irrelevant on a 280mm radiator. I would set it at the lower setting and forget about it. Pump speed isn't a limiting factor on the larger double and triple panel radiators and you should not see a performance difference between the two modes. You wouldn't want pump or fan speed tied to the package temp anyway. Not overly desirable or effective to have your pump and fans hoping up and down in millisecond intervals with the CPU activity.

ok thanks. just wondering why then have two speeds for the pump if the quiet mode speed is more than adequate. my thought was when the chip hits say 70C then the pump switches to the higher speed and since the pump is pretty much silent i dont think i would be bothered with it ramping up and down unlike the fans.

Probably because someone else offered an adjustable pump speed first. Competitive business. Couple years ago all the 280mm pumps ran 1500. All of a sudden is was 3000. Nobody got twice the performance. Maybe twice the noise. Pump speed and pressure is a far more meaningful in custom loops with longer runs, multiple radiators, and potentially multiple components. But in an AIO with short tubes and moderate resistance at worst, it isn't the bottleneck. Even in custom loops, if the run is short and radiator moderate to low resistance, pump speed won't matter. The more recent example I use is my Titan X on it's own loop, full water plate. Hose runs are fairly short. 280mm radiator is not overly restrictive. Even at 365W, toggling my D5 pump from 2000 to 4000 rpm does not make a difference. Less than 1.0C, the smallest increment my coolant temp probes can measure. Whatever you have cooking in the CPU socket, it won't be 375W.

Obviously you can experiment for yourself with the two speeds, but no one ever comes back and says wow(!), 5C difference between the two modes. That is fortunate, because the next thing I would probably say is you have a blockage in the coolant stream. There also is some variability between models. 3000 rpm on my H115i Pro is plenty audible a the desktop. Other people with prior gen coolers can't even hear the speed change between low and high. With fans going and headphones on for gaming? Not going to hear it, but I don't feel the need to toggle it back and forth between uses.

It is possible to make a variable speed pump that is reactive to liquid temp (or whatever). The OEM supplier for many of the Corsair coolers does have one. However, Corsair has chosen not to utilize that component and I suspect they have legitimate reasons for doing so. Certainly pump reliability would be high on anyone's minimum criteria. Your H110i is CoolIT and I am not sure about capabilities in their offerings, but now several years on the market, a firmware update that allows it seems unlikely.

Archived