Corsair Community

H100iGTX Fan At 0RPM On Link4 But Spinning

Patty37

Hi,

I have just noticed on Link 4 it shows one of the fans on my H100iGTX at 0RPM. Both fans are spinning.

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have post a picture of the problem below.

Thanks folks!

G3omGPr.jpg

There is only one speed sensor for the pair of H100i GTX/v2 fans, so there will only be one speed in the software. Usually first step is to make sure the motherboard/BIOS control for the header powering the cooler is set to disabled/Full Speed or 100% in some other way. However, since you pump speed looks dead on for Balanced Mode, this is probably not the case. Double check, since this can affect the fan reading and behavior as well.

Do you have any other monitoring software running like HWINFO, AIDA, or AI Suite? These have been known to trigger a false reading in the past.

If you change the fan speed via fixed rpm or %, do the fans respond?

There is only one speed sensor for the pair of H100i GTX/v2 fans, so there will only be one speed in the software. Usually first step is to make sure the motherboard/BIOS control for the header powering the cooler is set to disabled/Full Speed or 100% in some other way. However, since you pump speed looks dead on for Balanced Mode, this is probably not the case. Double check, since this can affect the fan reading and behavior as well.

Do you have any other monitoring software running like HWINFO, AIDA, or AI Suite? These have been known to trigger a false reading in the past.

If you change the fan speed via fixed rpm or %, do the fans respond?

Not got anything else running. So it will only show one fan's speed despite both of them working regardless?

Yes, it is a standard 4+3 pin splitter so one speed sensor for both fans, just like if you plugged two fans on a splitter into one of your motherboard headers.

Are you able to control the fans at all? Do they respond to setting a fixed % or RPM?

Yes, it is a standard 4+3 pin splitter so one speed sensor for both fans, just like if you plugged two fans on a splitter into one of your motherboard headers.

Are you able to control the fans at all? Do they respond to setting a fixed % or RPM?

Yeah they control fine.

Archived