Corsair Community

commander pro & corsair psu

yianni

Any i-series PSU should be able to connect to iCUE and display different information. It connects via USB2.0 motherboard header. I don't have an i-series PSU, though I do have a CoPro. I am pretty sure the CoPro can display the 12v, 5v,& 3.3v voltages, even with out an i-type PSU. I will have to check when I get home, though someone else might pipe in with an answer. I think the i-series can display a lot more info like wattage and current.

The Commander Pro (CoPro) will display the 3.3v, 5v and 12v voltages that it is receiving on the SATA connector. This is not necessarily the same and the voltages delivered to the 24-pin ATX connector but it's typically a pretty good indication.

As solarity mentioned, if you have an i-Series PSU, you'll be able to connect the USB header (this can connect to the CoPro's USB header) and get a good deal more information directly from the PSU in iCue. This includes power in, power out, voltages on the rails, temperature, fan speed ... I think that about covers it (there may be more).

Any i-series PSU should be able to connect to iCUE and display different information. It connects via USB2.0 motherboard header. I don't have an i-series PSU, though I do have a CoPro. I am pretty sure the CoPro can display the 12v, 5v,& 3.3v voltages, even with out an i-type PSU. I will have to check when I get home, though someone else might pipe in with an answer. I think the i-series can display a lot more info like wattage and current.

so the PSU itself has a USB header that connects to the motherboard or the commander pro?

are the PSUs that end with "i" all the i-series?

so the PSU itself has a USB header that connects to the motherboard or the commander pro?

are the PSUs that end with "i" all the i-series?

Yes, the PSU has a USB connection that will connect to any USB header.

And yes, the PSU with a model number ending in "i" are the "i-series". For example, RM850i will have this, the RM850x will not.

Archived