Corsair Community

AX1200i PSU Buzzing

jaokait

Hello!

Recently i have noticed a buzzing sound from my AX1200i.

Just recently i borrowed a brand new 1080ti from work while waiting for my 2080ti. The card worked for a few hours then it startet artifacting. Thats when i noticed the buzzing noise from the Power supply. (might be a faulty card)

I then tested the 1080ti in another computer. Same issue there, the card was artifacting.

I then proceeded to test a 980ti card before installing my new 2080ti card. This worked for a few days without any issues (and no buzzing noise from psu).

I then installed my 2080ti wich has been working fine for about a week. Today when i played pubg, i noticed the power supply started making the buzzing noise again. (its not the 2080ti coil whine. its clearly coming from the Power Supply)

I am afraid this will damage my gpu as it might be the culprint of the broken 1080ti.

Is this buzzing noise normal? Sounds just like this one:[ame]

[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
Hey jaokait, having trouble hearing in your video, but if it's having a whine, definitely put in a ticket with support so they can help you out. The whine shouldn't affect anything in the system, but could just be an issue with the unit itself.

Archived