Corsair Community

Corsair K55 Keyboard disconnects and reconnects multiple times when running CUE

Hello, firstly, I'd like to thank everyone here for allowing me the opportunity to make an account and ask for help with my issue. I really appreciate this resource that is available. This is my first time posting here so if I leave out important details from my issue, please dont hesitate to kindly ask me. :o:

I recently bought a Corsair K55 Gaming keyboard as well as a Corsair Harpoon Gaming mouse from amazon.com.

Upon opening the manual for the mouse I read that it is recommended to use the CUE with the mouse for the best experience. the manual for the keyboard did not mention this. nevertheless I assumed that it would be fine for both products if I used the CUE. So I installed it that same evening I got the items. the CUE informed me that there was a firmware update for both items and I assumed it was fine to install it so I did. afterwards both items worked fine for a while. I shutdown my pc and went to bed.

The next day I booted my PC as normal and the CUE auto-started. I then kept hearing the windows 10 usb disconnecting/connecting sound. I wasnt sure what device was making this happen. When I got into a game (Warframe) however, I realised that it was the keyboard that was disconnecting and connecting. This was happening while the CUE software was running.

I exited the videogame and I opened the software. I then noticed that the keyboard would be recognised by the software one minute, then it would disappear at the top and then repeat this. (CUE version is the latest according to the corsair website).

When I closed the CUE software this issue stopped altogether. the keyboard began working fine without issue. The active color effect for the mouse however stopped (color shift) so the mouse is now a solid green color. I tried unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back it with the CUE closed and it didnt help.

I removed the keyboard from the Hardware and Printers section of the control panel and unplugged and replugged and reopened the CUE and it didnt help. I checked the device in device manager to update the drivers but it didnt help. I eventually uninstalled the CUE.

the color management for the keyboard made possible by a FN key on the keyboard so the CUE is not required for it. but I am unsure of the color management for the mouse. as far as I can see, I need the CUE for the active effect to remain on. Is there something I can do to get the keyboard to be recognised by CUE without this disconnecting/reconnecting issue? OR is there a way to have active color effects on my mouse without the CUE? I would really appreciate any help. I am very pleased with these Corsair items so far but this is the only issue I've run into. thanks again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee

I apologize you had such a bad experience with the product. It is odd that it is connecting and reconnecting. This usually indicates there is a connection issue through USB between the system and CUE.

Contact our tech support, ask for Victor (1-888-222-4346) and he can walk through the steps with you together. If there is a chance the product is defective, we'll replace it for you and cover the shipping.

Hello, firstly, I'd like to thank everyone here for allowing me the opportunity to make an account and ask for help with my issue. I really appreciate this resource that is available. This is my first time posting here so if I leave out important details from my issue, please dont hesitate to kindly ask me. :o:

I recently bought a Corsair K55 Gaming keyboard as well as a Corsair Harpoon Gaming mouse from amazon.com.

Upon opening the manual for the mouse I read that it is recommended to use the CUE with the mouse for the best experience. the manual for the keyboard did not mention this. nevertheless I assumed that it would be fine for both products if I used the CUE. So I installed it that same evening I got the items. the CUE informed me that there was a firmware update for both items and I assumed it was fine to install it so I did. afterwards both items worked fine for a while. I shutdown my pc and went to bed.

The next day I booted my PC as normal and the CUE auto-started. I then kept hearing the windows 10 usb disconnecting/connecting sound. I wasnt sure what device was making this happen. When I got into a game (Warframe) however, I realised that it was the keyboard that was disconnecting and connecting. This was happening while the CUE software was running.

I exited the videogame and I opened the software. I then noticed that the keyboard would be recognised by the software one minute, then it would disappear at the top and then repeat this. (CUE version is the latest according to the corsair website).

When I closed the CUE software this issue stopped altogether. the keyboard began working fine without issue. The active color effect for the mouse however stopped (color shift) so the mouse is now a solid green color. I tried unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back it with the CUE closed and it didnt help.

I removed the keyboard from the Hardware and Printers section of the control panel and unplugged and replugged and reopened the CUE and it didnt help. I checked the device in device manager to update the drivers but it didnt help. I eventually uninstalled the CUE.

the color management for the keyboard made possible by a FN key on the keyboard so the CUE is not required for it. but I am unsure of the color management for the mouse. as far as I can see, I need the CUE for the active effect to remain on. Is there something I can do to get the keyboard to be recognised by CUE without this disconnecting/reconnecting issue? OR is there a way to have active color effects on my mouse without the CUE? I would really appreciate any help. I am very pleased with these Corsair items so far but this is the only issue I've run into. thanks again.

The EXACT same thing, to the letter, is happening to me. Please let me know what you find out. I uninstalled CUE altogether, and keyboard working great so it has to be an issue with CUE, i would think.

Just bought the keyboard and mouse yesterday.

Thanks

I apologize you had such a bad experience with the product. It is odd that it is connecting and reconnecting. This usually indicates there is a connection issue through USB between the system and CUE.

Contact our tech support, ask for Victor (1-888-222-4346) and he can walk through the steps with you together. If there is a chance the product is defective, we'll replace it for you and cover the shipping.

Hello Corsair James and thank you for your response. I apologise as I have so far been unable to make it home in time to call that number.

Is that number a toll-free number? I live in the caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago) and I fear that the fee to call an international number may be rather costly.

The EXACT same thing, to the letter, is happening to me. Please let me know what you find out. I uninstalled CUE altogether, and keyboard working great so it has to be an issue with CUE, i would think.

Just bought the keyboard and mouse yesterday.

Thanks

+1 here, exact same keyboard, exact same issue, bought mine last week. With CUE disabled the keyboard works fine, but being stuck to color presets kinda defeats the purpose of having an RGB keyboard in the first place..

• Corsair Employee

If its possible, see if you can use the keyboard on a different machine to see if the problem persist over. I've tried to reproduce it here but cannot do so on any of our machines in the lab.

If the keyboard issue does persist, let me know so I can get it back for analysis and Ill exchange it with a new one for you.

• Corsair Employee

Update:

We were able to reproduce a similar issue to keyboards reconnecting and disconnecting. The source of the issue was the Windows OS and we found that one of the updates deploy in the first week of June resolved it. So I have two questions for you of you who experience this issue on the K55:

1.) Have you ensured all applicable Windows updates have been done on your system?

2.) Were you able to reproduce the issue on more than one machine?

3.) If it still happens, please PM me your Hardware Info, and your Windows build version.

^^ I can confirm that my Windows 10 received an update which was applied on the 15th of June 2017.

Now that I reinstalled CUE and tried it with this keyboard, I can confirm so far that the connecting/disconnecting issue with the K55 is no longer occurring for the moment. I have tested it for about 40 mins so far during gameplay and it has not disconnected once with the CUE running.

Also the features of the CUE seem to be working as I have successfully applied dpi and lighting effects to my mouse and lighting effects to my keyboard with the CUE.

I will update this at a later date.

I'd also like to thank Corsair James for the dedication he's shown with this problem. I really do appreciate it. Thank you.:headbang:

• Corsair Employee
^^ I can confirm that my Windows 10 received an update which was applied on the 15th of June 2017.

Now that I reinstalled CUE and tried it with this keyboard, I can confirm so far that the connecting/disconnecting issue with the K55 is no longer occurring for the moment. I have tested it for about 40 mins so far during gameplay and it has not disconnected once with the CUE running.

Also the features of the CUE seem to be working as I have successfully applied dpi and lighting effects to my mouse and lighting effects to my keyboard with the CUE.

I'd also like to thank Corsair James for the dedication he's shown with this problem. I really do appreciate it. Thank you.:headbang:

My pleasure, and glad everything is working out. At the end of the day, all we want is our products to work flawlessly with all of people's different hardware configurations. Sometimes it is harder than we'd like but thats why we take each issue seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
After updating to CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.15.83, the app detects randomly the keyboard and it says that a firmware update is requiered for the keyboard, as far as I know, the firmware was updated when I plugged the keyboard to my computer. I re installed the app and it went worst, the keyboard was unresponsive and erratic, i opted to completely unistall the CUE.

Hello there,

Received my K55 few days ago and facing the issue... My windows 10 is up to date as my CUE version.

When CUE open, it doesn't stop disconnecting/connecting .. very disturbing cause at this time, you can't configure / use it. On CUE, keyboard disapear, and appear again saying it's a K95 and disapear again and reapear with K55 ....

When CUE is stopped, it's fine !

So please fix it ... I'll wait few days before returning it .

PsyKo

Hello,

I have had the same problem for a few days now. I have tried updating my windows and then reinstalling CUE. This worked for about 5 minutes and then it started to disconnect and reconnect again. Do you have any other ideas?

I am having the same problem everyone else is having.I have the K55 keyboard and GLAIVE mouse. The keyboard worked fine until I bought the mouse and installed the software. When I installed the CUE software it asked me to update the firmware and now the keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when I have the led's turned on on the keyboard. The keyboard was also fine until I actually updated the firmware. It does not disconnect when I turn off the LED's. It is also fine if I uninstall the CUE but if I reinstall it the problem happens again. I am running windows 10 home with the latest updates. Please help.

I am also having this problem, it seems like a lot of units is effected. Corsaird have manage to reproduce the problem but that was due to a system update in Windows. There is however some that still have tis problem, I supose I will have to return it to the store.

If the light is disabled everything works fine.

Archived