Corsair Community

AMD D.O.C.P. on Asus Zenith Extreme X399 and CMW32GX4M4C3600C18

sblantipodi

Hi all,

I am going to buy an Asus Zenith Extreme X399 for my new Threadripper 2 2950X.

Asus uses D.O.C.P., a sort of XMP for memory profiles.

Is Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 PC4-28800 (CMW32GX4M4C3600C18), 3.600 MHz, C18, Nero - Kit 32GB (4x 8GB) good for D.O.C.P. when paired with that asus motherboard?

It seems that the only vengeance rgb pro I see in the QVL list is the 3200C16 version and not the one I am going to buy, is this a problem?

thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hi all,

I am going to buy an Asus Zenith Extreme X399 for my new Threadripper 2 2950X.

Asus uses D.O.C.P., a sort of XMP for memory profiles.

Is Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 PC4-28800 (CMW32GX4M4C3600C18), 3.600 MHz, C18, Nero - Kit 32GB (4x 8GB) good for D.O.C.P. when paired with that asus motherboard?

It seems that the only vengeance rgb pro I see in the QVL list is the 3200C16 version and not the one I am going to buy, is this a problem?

thanks

It would most likely be a problem, I'd stay with a kit that's 3200mhz or below for TR.

It would most likely be a problem, I'd stay with a kit that's 3200mhz or below for TR.

thanks for the answer but I will pay the 3600C18 kit the same money of the 3200C16 kit.

can I use the 3600C18 kit like a 3200C16 kit or will I have compatiblity problem in doing this?

You can use them a lower frequencies but will have to configure them manually, since they don't have a profile for that. The settings you will be able to achieve can vary, but from my experience DDR4-3200 CL16 is reasonable for a kit like that. With enough voltage even CL14 might be doable, if they are Ver4.31 (Samsung 8Gbit B-Die based).

You can use them a lower frequencies but will have to configure them manually, since they don't have a profile for that. The settings you will be able to achieve can vary, but from my experience DDR4-3200 CL16 is reasonable for a kit like that. With enough voltage even CL14 might be doable, if they are Ver4.31 (Samsung 8Gbit B-Die based).

mmm, not that good for me.

what are the settings that I should configure on an Asus mobo?

can you help me please?

Archived