Corsair Community

Corsair Link USB Dongle - Drivers

Costas

Currently having trouble trying to get the drivers loaded for my Corsair USB dongle which came with my AX1200i.

I have searched this forum and tried a few things yet I still seem to not get past first base....:confused:

OS is Win7 [sP1] and I am utilising Corsair Link v2.6.5214 as I have only recently purchased the AX1200i.

Basically Win7 detects the USB dongle OK - However when it tries to load the driver it tries by using Windows Update which fails to find a suitable driver and then Win7 searches locally on my PC which also fails to find the appropriate driver.

Have tried installing the Link software numerous times as well as trying out different combos of when the actual USB dongle is inserted. ie before or after Link software has been installed etc. Have also tried removing the dongle via device manager to force Win7 to re-install yet to no avail...!

I always just seem to end up with the dongle appearing in device manager as 'Corsair Link TM USB Dongle' with a yellow exclamation mark as Win7 is unable to load/find the appropriate driver for the device.

Question - I assume the driver should get loaded by the Corsair Link software on installation but is the driver available for download as a standalone driver? I tried searching for this driver on my hard drive after the Link Software is installed but I cannot see any subdirectory related to driver files etc as we do with many other USB type devices??

Would it be worth trying to install an earlier version of the Link software? If so where can we download previous versions from?

Thanks

Thanks wytnyt,

Just did some fairly thorough testing and confirmed that all versions of the link software from v2.5.5145 and earlier load the driver correctly...

V2.6.5214 must have some issue during the installation phase which results in the driver not being loaded correctly or not being loaded at all???

Anyway I guess that version is Beta atm - so maybe a few more bugs to be ironed out.. :)

Thanks for your assistance... all up and working now.

Thanks wytnyt,

Just did some fairly thorough testing and confirmed that all versions of the link software from v2.5.5145 and earlier load the driver correctly...

V2.6.5214 must have some issue during the installation phase which results in the driver not being loaded correctly or not being loaded at all???

Anyway I guess that version is Beta atm - so maybe a few more bugs to be ironed out.. :)

Thanks for your assistance... all up and working now.

this is the biggest mistake users have made,thinking newer software is better but it all depends on the current installed software/hardware already on the computer

glad you got it working...

While I was resolving my issue the other day, I tested all the Corsair Link versions available in the download thread noted earlier.

What I found was that you can install one of the very early software variants eg v2.1.1 etc and the installer package will copy the driver into a 'driver' sub-directory where you installed the main package.

You can then simply copy the driver sub-directory to a safe location and keep it for future use if required.

Now plug the USB dongle in and manually upgrade the driver. ie go into device manager and locate the dongle, select properties etc to manually upgrade the driver.

Point Windows to the sub diirectory where the driver is residing and you should be good to go.

While I was testing - I did take note that the USB dongle driver has not changed since the early software releases such as v2.1.1.

Hope this helps you out.

While I was resolving my issue the other day, I tested all the Corsair Link versions available in the download thread noted earlier.

What I found was that you can install one of the very early software variants eg v2.1.1 etc and the installer package will copy the driver into a 'driver' sub-directory where you installed the main package.

You can then simply copy the driver sub-directory to a safe location and keep it for future use if required.

Now plug the USB dongle in and manually upgrade the driver. ie go into device manager and locate the dongle, select properties etc to manually upgrade the driver.

Point Windows to the sub diirectory where the driver is residing and you should be good to go.

While I was testing - I did take note that the USB dongle driver has not changed since the early software releases such as v2.1.1.

Hope this helps you out.

Yeah, it did. Thanks. Still can't see all my thermal sensors though. :(

Archived