Corsair Community

iCUE won't launch

socialwaif

• 2 weeks later...
Do you see the process running in Task Manager?

If it opens and then closes in Task Manager, it's probably crashing and creating an error report. These can be found in Event Viewer. If you can post the error here, we can maybe find the cause.

It looks to run very briefly and then stop. Windows Event Viewed had this to say:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.3.103.0, time stamp: 0x5afc58ef

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.9.4.0, time stamp: 0x5a5da463

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000011e4

Faulting process id: 0x4334

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4bf3f22e03d0d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report Id: e744e109-01d2-404a-8d37-87960949f8da

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am having a similar problem with CUE 1.16 as of the past few days. It opens in the task manager, but there is no UI. It doesn't close therefore I don't get an error log. I've tried the newer 3.12 and it doesn't work as I want it to. Therefore I'd like to get CUE working again as it was.

After my recent post I've had success getting the software to launch after renaming the programdata and appdata corsair folders. So perhaps the original poster of this thread will have similar luck if trying the same thing. My problem now is that the software version is too old for compatibility with the device firmware version. (I updated my device firmware whilst trying iCUE 3.12). How can my keyboard be downgraded to an old firmware version?

After my recent post I've had success getting the software to launch after renaming the programdata and appdata corsair folders. So perhaps the original poster of this thread will have similar luck if trying the same thing. My problem now is that the software version is too old for compatibility with the device firmware version. (I updated my device firmware whilst trying iCUE 3.12). How can my keyboard be downgraded to an old firmware version?

You cant unless you get an older FW file for the device. PM me your device model and I will see if I have a file you can downgrade with

it looks like your running version 3.3 which is pretty outdated. I recommend downloading 3.12 and trying that

I had already tried the more recent versions. Tried 3.12 again. No luck.

Windows Event Viewer had this:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.12.118.0, time stamp: 0x5c507aef

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c0513da

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00001324

Faulting process id: 0x2ed4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c60bd6c8eb62

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report Id: cf0a442e-be26-4da0-bede-3bd74f55ff46

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

After my recent post I've had success getting the software to launch after renaming the programdata and appdata corsair folders. So perhaps the original poster of this thread will have similar luck if trying the same thing.

Thanks. I did a combination of that, and some tips from another thread - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=994505#post994505. Think I got the pesky remnants cleaned up.

But OMFG. It is now running!!:laughing:

• 7 months later...

Thank you so much I kept reinstalling and I had no clue what to do. This helped immensely.