The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Xon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990421
Xon Reputation: 10
Default LL120 Random Colors / Not Syncing

Hi guys, so this is my first post here so I am not sure if it is in the right section. If not, my apologies. Also English isn't my first language so I'm not really sure if I explained this right.

Last week I build a New PC, and I chose most of the stuff from Corsair, overall happy with the stuff but I have an issue with my LL120 Fans. 3 of them to be exact.

The colors seem to be messing around on their own, they don't sync with what I give them on iCUE. They don't always do this but most of the time they have a mind of their own.

I tried forcing Firmware update to the Commander pro, I reinstalled iCUE, I tried switched the LED ports on the lightning node and it just didn't work. It kept doing it. Bare in mind that this only happens when I have stuff like Static Color on or, Rainbow effect. Basically when the LED is constantly on.

This is pure an aesthetic issue but it really bothers me to have flicking lights.

I posted 2 GIFs maybe you can understand me better.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:37 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990430
DevBiker Reputation: 83

We'd need to see what effects you have applied to the fans before we can say anything about it. Can you do a screen shot of the Lighting Effects configuration screen?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:48 PM
Xon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990434

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
We'd need to see what effects you have applied to the fans before we can say anything about it. Can you do a screen shot of the Lighting Effects configuration screen?
Sure thing, in the gif I had an extra another ARC because I had one for 3 fans to go Counter-clockwise and another ARC for the other 3 fans to go clockwise but I removed that and stayed with 1 Arc lighting effect, issue still remains

Edit: Arc lightning effect is selected for the outer ring LEDs and the Heartbeat lighting effect is in the inner fan (the 4 individual LEDs)

Last edited by Xon; 01-18-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Xon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991044

To give a quick update I just decided to make it all the same and now suddenly the colors don't match up again. I seriously this think this is software related issue because frankly every mode I try, be static color, arc, or what ever as it may be, It had different symptom.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 AM
bork's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991089
bork Reputation: 10

I'm having the same problem too, but only on one fan. It just started happening earlier today and I've had the fans for about a month so I think it could be a software issue.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Dafett's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992856
Dafett Reputation: 10

Random colour leds being applied in an all white static setup for me too. My setup is as follows:

6 x LL 120s fan cable to Commander Pro
RGB cables to Lighting node pro to Commander Pro
4 x RGB lighting strips to Commander Pro

All fans and stripes have been set to static colour. rgb(255,255,255)

At random moments colours will start to dot on the fans as mentioned in this post.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:44 PM
SinOfHeart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992913
SinOfHeart Reputation: 10

I've been having basically the same issue. And I've noticed that occasionally the RGB lighting strips will also do something kind of similar. My setup is basically the same as this screenshot (I have 6 LL fans and 4 RGB strips. Only difference from the image is I have 2 LL fans that are hooked into my h150i and not directly into the Commander Pro. The RGB wiring is exactly the same as what I've done though):

I feel like it might be more firmware related (or at least related to what the Commander Pro is doing itself), because even when my system boots and iCUE hasn't taken over yet I see similar things where it seems like it is getting confused and trying to run two things at the same time causing weird flickering or the rainbow effect to jump abruptly. I wonder if it could be related to that new feature they added where iCUE can save hardware color patterns and if that is creating something where the Commander Pro is trying to run both at the same time or something.

Once iCUE takes over I notice the strange patterns less. I've switched to static colors for now (because it was way more distracting having it happen during color change effects), but it is still very obvious when one of the fans/strips starts to misbehave since it moves away from the static colors.

Last edited by SinOfHeart; 02-06-2019 at 12:51 PM.