Corsair Community

Checking firmware version on Mac OS X

guitrein

Hello guys,

I was wondering if there is anyway to check the firmware version of my new Corsair Force F240 on Mac OS X.

I tried CrystalDiskInfo with Parallels (I have Windows 7 installed) but it seems it is not able to detect the SSD drive since it is connected to my Macbook through USB enclosure.

Thank you for the answers!

Not many of us use Macs so you will have to do some googling and find Mac compatible programs for reading SMART/hard drive info.

I can recommend "Bootcamp" ie. dual booting though, Parallels is not as good because it's a virtual environment.

Also, please don't bump a post within 24 hours. Your first post was after Corsair closed for the day and they haven't yet opened today either, so they haven't even seen the thread yet.

Oh yeah, sorry for living in a different timezone. Thank you for your kindly answer...

Just in case someone has the same question. I found a software called SMART Utility that does the work. It's not free unfortunately, but it's ok if you want just to check your firmware version. I found as well another open source software named SMARTReporter that it's said to do the same thing, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you anyway for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can check it from system profiler

Click on Apple icon -> about this mac -> more info -> hardware / serial ata -> select the disk

For example for my F120 it shows

Revision: 2.0

which is the same what my firmware version.

Archived