Corsair Community

P4P800E Dlx & twinx 3200C2 & Hyperpath

zukkuru

Hello, I just bought yesterday a module of TwinX1024-3200C2. At the adwertised settings (2-3-3-6) the memory generates errors in memtest. I have to disable Hyperpath for it to pass the tests. I tried with Hyperpath enabled, but with CAS set to 2.5, and it works. I tried to test the modules one at a time and both pass the tests at 2-3-3-6 with Hyperpath enabled. If test with both sticks (dual channel), I have either to disable Hyperpath, or to set CAS to 2.5. I have an ASUS P4P800E deluxe with the latest bios and a Pentium4 2.8C Is it normal that they do not work at 2-3-3-6 if I enable Hyperpath? Marco from Switzerland P.S. sorry for my poor english

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest a bios issue with this MB! In addition, Hyper-path is a performance setting not officially supported by Intel! So this feature that has been added by the MB maker and I ‘am sorry but we would not be able to support any MB makers performance options or settings that are not part# of the chipset makers specification. I would suggest you leave this at AUTO for best performance with our modules!

Archived