Corsair Community

Asus A7N8VX-Deluxe + 2x 512 Corsair TwinX 3200

Stoffa

Hey ramguy, I just got this motherboard and a 3000+ cpu. Since the fsb is running @ 166 mhz my mem isnt using its 200 mhz potential. Cause of the multiplier of 13 I cant seem to OC to a 200 mhz fsb and I heard having the mem run at different speeds than the fsb actually hurts performance. So basically Id like some settings advice. Id like to squeeze out every bit of performance I can without thoroughly hurting the lifespan of my equipment. Could u give me some advice? Thx, Stoffa

Little more info: The model number of my mem is: 3200 LL I set the timings like u said in your sig: SDRAM cas latency 2 SDRAM Ras to cas delay 3 SDRAM Row Precharge 2 SDRAM Active Precharge 6 Youre also speaking of a "Bank interleave 4 Bank" setting, I cant find this 1 in the bios. Are these timings the highest I can go or would u advice diff settings for a bit more "umph"? I noticed the Active Precharge delay was set to 5 in the bios, is this better or worse than the recommended 6 u gave me? Also: the DDR voltage is stilll at the original .6 setting. Should I up to .7 or leave it at this? Stoffa

• Corsair Employee
Not all of the settings will be listed in every MB's bios! In addition, for the settings you are welcome to try any settings you like, but I would suggest you test the settings with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and make sure the system is stable. And I would try Cass 2-3-2-11 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and then work your way up from there!

So youre advicing a setting of "11" for active precharge. Atm I got 5 and its running stable. Problem is: noob as I am I dont know whether a higher or lower number for this setting is better. I.e. whats better "5" or "11" for active precharge? Sorry to have to ask u guys this btw (shame)

• Corsair Employee
This setting at 11 will yield better benchmarks as it holds the data longer before it refreshes! However, in some other benchmarks a setting of 5 might give better Video performance for example! I would suggest you test it both ways and see which is best for you!

Archived