Corsair Community

Keyboard Audio Visualizer

AterialDawn

This is a Visualizer for Corsair RGB keyboards using the CUE-SDK C# Wrapper (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149863) written by Darth Affe, and the Bass Library/Bass.net.

Using WASAPI (Vista+) I am able to grab currently playing sound, and write some neat visualizers for it. As soon as the SDK released I immediately thought of converting that project to a keyboard visualizer and I must say that it looks quite good!

Demo Video: [ame]

[/ame]

Github repo is : https://github.com/AterialDawn/CUEAudioVisualizer

Compiled binary is attached below.

A plugin system for adding more visualizers is pending, and any and all feedback is appreciated. The code is not final and probably will be changing a lot.

Credits go to Darth Affe for his incredibly handy CUE-SDK C# Wrapper, LegifyX for the Icon, and me for the incredibly hideous code.

Changelog:

v1.0.0 : First release

v1.0.1 : Settings are actually saved now! Whoops.

v1.2.0 : More robust WASAPI error handling, few more visualizers added, and plugins support (documentation coming soon™)

v1.3.0 : Added a sensitivity slider, as well as a smoothing slider. Located in the Options submenu.

CUEAudioVisualizer_v1.2.0.zip

CUEAudioVisualizer_v1.3.0.zip

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registered just to post that i love using this on my K70 since it just works and dont have configure much or close CUE,

just a small problem i got who knows how, basically i get this whenever i want to open 1.0.1, it used to work with no problems

http://i.imgur.com/RYEzI5M.jpg

1.0.0 Works, but of course doesn't save settings

Thanks!

Had a quick look in Github, the app uses the .Net Properties API, and so stores its settings in the folder %userprofile%\appdata\local\CUEAudioVisualizer.

Delete that folder, and you'll have a clean slate. For me, I got that error when it didn't like the audio device I selected (headset loopback device).

I wonder if the author has any tips on how to resolve this?

Edit: After a bit of tinkering, I was able to get it to work by enabling and using the stereomix recording device of my onboard realtek audio, but of course, this only works when I use the onboard audio to play sound, and not my USB headset.

This is a Visualizer for Corsair RGB keyboards using the CUE-SDK C# Wrapper (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149863) written by Darth Affe, and the Bass Library/Bass.net.

Using WASAPI (Vista+) I am able to grab currently playing sound, and write some neat visualizers for it. As soon as the SDK released I immediately thought of converting that project to a keyboard visualizer and I must say that it looks quite good!

Demo Video:

Github repo is : https://github.com/AterialDawn/CUEAudioVisualizer

Compiled binary is attached below.

A plugin system for adding more visualizers is pending, and any and all feedback is appreciated. The code is not final and probably will be changing a lot.

Credits go to Darth Affe for his incredibly handy CUE-SDK C# Wrapper, LegifyX for the Icon, and me for the incredibly hideous code.

Changelog:

v1.0.0 : First release

v1.0.1 : Settings are actually saved now! Whoops.

i decompiled it and have question: what is this?

"trial@trial.com", "2X1837515183722"

How is the lag between the visualizer and when it shows up on the keyboard? Really anxious to finally DL something like this.

The lag is not noticeable at all, if there's any even

Ahh, okay, I can fix that. Gonna take me a few days cause i'm working on a few other things but I can definitely fix that!

That would be awesome, take your time since i don't think my problem is anything major :D:

I seriously don't understand any of this. Any assistance? I just want to simply try it out and test it out. But I don't get half of what you guys are saying.... And I call my self a nerd -_-

You should have CUE running already for this to work as well as Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 i believe

Download 1.0.1 then extract it on a folder or somewhere you can find it easily since it doesn't require installation, or make a shortcut on start menu even

Double right click CUEAudioVisualizer.exe on the folder you extracted (or shortcut)

Then go to the taskbar tray, left click CueAudioVisualizer icon and choose what device to listen to on Device selection, you can also change color and what not

That should be all :D:

I had been using this program for a few days. Just went ot start it and I'm getting this......any ideas?

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ApplicationException: Unable to initialize WASAPI device 15

at CUEAudioVisualizer.SoundDataProcessor.UpdateDevice() in c:\Users\AterialDawn\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\CUEAudioVisualizer\CUEAudioVisualizer\SoundDataProcessor.cs:line 78

at CUEAudioVisualizer.SoundDataProcessor.Process() in c:\Users\AterialDawn\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\CUEAudioVisualizer\CUEAudioVisualizer\SoundDataProcessor.cs:line 49

at CUEAudioVisualizer.KeyboardVisualizer.UpdateKeyboard() in c:\Users\AterialDawn\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\CUEAudioVisualizer\CUEAudioVisualizer\KeyboardVisualizer.cs:line 154

at CUEAudioVisualizer.mainForm.visUpdateTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\AterialDawn\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\CUEAudioVisualizer\CUEAudioVisualizer\mainForm.cs:line 82

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

CUEAudioVisualizer

Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/CUEAudioVisualizer_v1.0.1/CUEAudioVisualizer.exe

Bass.Net

Assembly Version: 2.4.8.4

Win32 Version: 2.4.8.4

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/CUEAudioVisualizer_v1.0.1/Bass.Net.DLL

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

CUE.NET4.0

Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/CUEAudioVisualizer_v1.0.1/CUE.NET4.0.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

i decompiled it and have question: what is this?

"trial@trial.com", "2X1837515183722"

It's the Bass.NET library's licensing system. They allow non-commercial stuff to use it for free via that. Also, you don't need to decompile it, the entire source is at https://github.com/AterialDawn/CUEAudioVisualizer and the line in question is at https://github.com/AterialDawn/CUEAudioVisualizer/blob/master/CUEAudioVisualizer/Program.cs#L19

Hi! Love the demo!

Was wondering if you could maybe do a text tutorial explaining the steps of how to get it to work. Maybe throw it in the readme? I'm pretty lost on how to get it to work.

Can't wait to get the profile!!!

And i keep getting the same error. give me a guide or something.

What exactly happens after you select your device? Does it give you an error message? If so what's the error?

Can you add an option to average over a certain amount of time? There's too much flicker for it really to be useful.

Good idea, i'll add that in for next version.

I just created a CUE.NET example based on your code. (Git-Link)

I would appreciate, if you could take a look at it and tell me your opinion about the way it (of course the keyboard stuff, the audio analysis is stolen from you :p) works.

It's quite different from what you did, but in my opinion this is the way CUE.NET should work - it would be great to hear your thoughts about this.

Archived