Corsair Community

Help: How to press and hold key

chemie

I want to have a key pressed down, and released when I hit the G key a second time.

If I use keystroke, it repeatedly pushes the key up and down (based on repeat timer). I do not want it going up and down. I want it pressed down, held down forever until I push the button again which then lifts the key.

If do with a macro (just down stroke), there is no way to get the upstroke...terminating does not undo the down stroke

I could easily do this on the old K95 keyboard (hitting a second time cancelled the down stroke) but the RGB I need help.

Thanks

PS. How do I have a macro key stay lite to a color during execution (however long it is). I can use "lighting when start" and have a specific solid color for a specific time, but I need different times for each macro which seems hard to do. I just want a solid color change whenever the macro for that key is running.

PPS Also, where is documentation on "standard settings" and "advanced settings" and "cue link" sections (not in manual)

You can set multiple high delay times between the keypresses e.g. 99999 which should work. Though I'm not sure if multiple delays stack.

If you want a key to stay a certain colour on press e.g. the macro below, Assign a new lighting effect for the key and Use start on keypress and end on keypress.

Standard settings - A quick way of selecting pre made effects.

Advanced Settings - Can change any colour of a key, create groups for effects, etc.

CUE LINK - Demoed here;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRfTBb49u0[/ame]

Untitled.thumb.png.1a54e28d1c709b59bb4ecb08163c32ce.png

Thanks for the help.

"If you want a key to stay a certain colour on press e.g. the macro below, Assign a new lighting effect for the key and Use start on keypress and end on keypress."

That does not work. I want to press the key and have the light stay on for the duration of the macro, not after key is pressed again. The lighting effect still uses and "end timer" and the graph and end time seem to determine the length of that effect.

Also how do you send an <enter> on a text macro?

• 1 year later...

Help: How to press and hold key

I want to have a key pressed down, and released when I hit the G key a second time.

If I use keystroke, it repeatedly pushes the key up and down (based on repeat timer). I do not want it going up and down. I want it pressed down, held down forever until I push the button again which then lifts the key.

If do with a macro (just down stroke), there is no way to get the upstroke...terminating does not undo the down stroke

I could easily do this on the old K95 keyboard (hitting a second time cancelled the down stroke) but the RGB I need help.

I have attached two profiles for the K95 RGB, which use the G18 key to toggle holding down the W key. Using the "Default" profile, you will notice that the letter W is colored like the other keys, whether in basic or advanced mode. Using the "W is pressed" profile, you will notice that the letter W is a static green color, whether in basic or advanced mode. Pressing G18 toggles both the state of the W key (pressed or not) and the indicator color of the letter W on the keyboard.

Here are the general steps for programming a G key to toggle holding down a key, and showing via lighting effects when the key held down state is active.

1. Duplicate the existing profile.
  2. In the original profile, create an action to directly select the duplicate profile.
  3. In the duplicate profile, create an action to directly select the original profile.
  4. In the duplicate profile, choose a basic lighting effect that will show the original key press is active.
  5. In the duplicate profile, choose an advanced lighting effect that will show the original key press is active.
  6. In the original profile, create a macro that does ONLY the key press event.
  7. In that macro, select as a second event, the action that switches profile to the duplicate profile.
  8. Bind the newly created macro to a desired G key.
  9. In the duplicate profile, create a macro that does ONLY the key release event.
  10. In that macro, select as a second event, the action that switches profile to the original profile.
  11. Bind the newly created macro to the same G key you used in the other profile.

Now, pressing the G key will initiate holding down the desired key, AND the lighting will indicate that the key is held down. Pressing the same G key will release the desired key, AND the lighting will no longer indicate the key is held down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28095&stc=1&d=1488789623

Default.cueprofile

W is pressed.cueprofile

toggle.thumb.png.15821efb58891aed69242558d50d7739.png

• 1 year later...

Archived