Corsair Community

Searching for temp extensions

taz4950

Has anyone found any source for wiring extensions for the thermocouples that plug into the cooling node? The female end that plugs into the node has the numbers "tkg 2510" and it is a 2 pin cable. I've searched high and low, spent around 6-8 hours over a couple of days on the 'Net, no joy.

Any help?

• Corsair Employee
You are welcome to make you own extensions but it is not advisable as it can change the resistance and give incorrect readings. However at this time we do not offer extensions.Sorry!

You are welcome to make you own extensions but it is not advisable as it can change the resistance and give incorrect readings. However at this time we do not offer extensions.Sorry!

Might I suggest that you make cable extensions and make the original cables longer in the future. I too have issues with trying to get the probes where I want them. Thanks for listening:biggrin:

Might I suggest that you make cable extensions and make the original cables longer in the future. I too have issues with trying to get the probes where I want them. Thanks for listening:biggrin:

One thing I would suggest is placing the cooling Node more central in your case. I mounted mine in the center behind the motherboard in my 800D case and I have no problems putting the probes anywhere I want to. The cooling node is small enough to place back there without any problems.

The reason that I wanted the extensions was to enable "delta T" for my H100 radiator among other points. This will let me evaluate the efficiency of the radiator under different loading conditions. These include light loads ( one or two cores with one fan running at low RPM, all the way up to all four cores running at high loading with both fans at maximum RPMs. I also need to check on total generated heat verses air flow through the case total (intake temps verses exhaust temps). I don't do a lot of OC'ing, but I want to get the most bang for my buck.

If I knew the type of thermocouple, then I could adjust for the increased resistance due to longer wiring, An increase in approximately 12 inches (or 24 inches of AWG 24 both ways) can be calculated if the range of the thermocouple is known. OR if you want , just place one regular length and one extended side by side and compare the values and set up a table for the adjusted numbers.

Archived