Corsair Community

New software 1.2.5

Kl2amer

I uninstalled the old version and deleted the profile info in Documents (well, renamed it). The "disappearing devices" are now indeed fixed, I also see the LED color selections being retained.

I'd have to open the case again to know for sure how things are with the Temp sensors, I just reassigned the sensors in the software based on my memory of normal temps in my case.

I saw there are still comma's used in the XML for the location of the devices in software, but apparently it is now read correctly.

Good work!

I also did a full uninstall of the old Link Software (1.2.3.) and Installed the new Link software (1.2.5.) no problem. I would like to see all temps have "live" readings and not just the CPU/GPU. Did they say in another post if I recall correctly that Raid isn't recognized? So temps for any Raid HDs will not show up? If this is a yes than I guess I can only see my storage drives. Someone let me know so I know to rename them and figure out whos who. Would be great if we could see what devices (the model or serial number of the hardware) its reading from so we know what its connected too and so we can rename it appropriately. Would generaly give us a more of full control of everything and not second guess each time. Also, on behalf of the boxes wether they are displaying temps or RPM readings, would love to be able to resize them because some of my boxes have long names in them and I can't see the RPMs or Temps through them. Basically they don't resize and can't see all the info in it. Just giving a heads up cause I've noticed no one has brought that up to the attention for the sake of the software engineers. Thanks.

well the new patch has sorted the reversed temp nodes, now seeing them in order ie 1-4 not 4-1:biggrin:

all seems well apart from my previous question about the drives not being monitored.

I HAVE 4 drives NONE OF THEM ARE IN RAID:roll:

so why does link still only see 3?????

Unfortunately upon booting up my computer this morning I discovered the LED profile did not retain after shutdown. It did after fully exiting and re-loading the software last night in same session, but did not retain after re-boot.

Same here, indeed.

Have either of you manually saved the LED profile again AFTER the 1.2.5 install? If not, try it.

I did. I had renamed the old profile, uninstalled the software, then rebooted.

Then I installed the new software, went in and (amongst other things) changed the LED profile, then saved the total.

Then I exited the software, and restarted it, still had the same colors.

After reboot though on entering the software the "old" colors were back.

I have my colors set to vary by temperature. I think it "stuck" once, but now it cannot be changed (or at least after a reboot the changes are gone).

I looked at the XML and there isn't really an entry for the temp color settings there.

Have either of you manually saved the LED profile again AFTER the 1.2.5 install? If not, try it.

Yes. Software remembers the very first profile ever saved, just as with the old version, on an upgrade. Figured others would do the uninstall and create new profiles so we'd have the feedback from that. Obviously with software such as this you would ideally want the end user to be able to install upgrades without having to completely redo an involved profile.

The behavior is odd because if you exit from the file menu it will not prompt you to save any changes. But, if you have it in the taskbar and right click it will always say you've changed something even if you have not and prompt you to save the profile. Neither way resolves the LED issue.

Archived