Corsair Community

Can't Control Noctura Fan Speeds

kenn213

I just put a new cooling loop in my 1000d replacing my H115i Pro.

I plugged my 3 new Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans into the built in commander pro. iCue reads them as running at 600 RPM, and nothing I do seems to change that. Setting them to quiet, balanced and extreme all show 600 RPM, as well as a custom profile I tried with both fixed % and fixed RPM and no changes.

Seemed to work fine with the H115i Pro, and now nothing. Any ideas?

NF-A14 industrial PWM or a different variant? I haven't used my 2000 rpm PWM A14i with the H115i PRO until now, but the fan controller definitely has a problem interpreting fan %. It thinks 50% of maximum is about 300 rpm and any normal fan curve causes the fan to start/stop. It will respond and stay at a fixed RPM. Were you using these on the H115i PRO before?

On the Commander Pro, it behaves exactly as expected. Make sure you are applying the fan curve. iCUE works in a different way than most programs. You don't select the fan(s) and then tell it what speed to run. You select the "cooling mode" or fan speed first, then highlight all the fans on the right you want to run that speed. It is the opposite of most interfaces.

The full name of the fans I'm using are: Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.Black.swap Premium-Grade Quiet 140mm Fan. I was not using these before.

I'm pretty sure I'm assigning them correctly in iCue. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ycTqN2X.png

I did have two connected using a Y adapter. Now that I removed that the two that were using the Y are now running at 1400, and the first one is still at 600, with them all set to fixed 1200. Still can't seem to get them to change...

Edit: I did just notice an iCue update. I'll try that.

Edit 2: After the update all 3 fans read 600 and I still cant change them.

Archived