Corsair Community

Timings for further overclocking of Vengeance Pro RGB 3600

mrpetrov

Hi folks

I'm looking to o/c 4x8gb of Vengeance Pro RGB (3600mhz) beyond its XMP profile - preferably to 4200 or 4000mhz. I'm using an Asus Maximus X Hero (Wifi) motherboard.

I think I understand that loading the XMP profile and then changing DRAM frequency to, say, 4200 doesn't really achieve a proper overclocking - so, if I may ask, what settings do you change to overclock these sticks past their XMP profiles (incidentally they sit at about 38-39C at their 3600mhz XMP profile)?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I haven't yet pushed beyond the XMP settings. The first thing I think I should check is whether the VCCIO and VCCSA settings are sensible on my motherboard (Asus Maximus Hero X). Set to Auto in bios and according to HWInfo64, my VCCIO is between 1.336-1.352V and VCCSA is 1.272-1.288V (min-max).

These strike me as pretty high voltages for the XMP profile to be running at. Do you think I should manually set them to something lower, say around 1.10V?

I am using 1.15 for both on the Code X at 3466 to 3733. The Asus auto values are typically “plush” to try and cover the full range of individual CPU behavior. Chances are you can bring it down. At some point I saw an Asus suggestion of 1.10-1.25 as a starting point.

I am using 1.15 for both on the Code X at 3466 to 3733. The Asus auto values are typically “plush” to try and cover the full range of individual CPU behavior. Chances are you can bring it down. At some point I saw an Asus suggestion of 1.10-1.25 as a starting point.

Great, thanks - I've set mine at 1.15v and 1.20v (arbitrarily, seems stable). Are there any other voltage values (apart from CPU/DRAM/VCCIO/VCCSA) that should be adjusted down (or up?) from (Asus') auto values?

Archived