The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > CORSAIR ONE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2018, 12:43 PM
MIS7ERV MIS7ERV is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 962888
MIS7ERV Reputation: 10
Default Corsair One - Considering purchase, need input please

Hello,

1 - I've been tempted to purchase a Corsair One Elite (1080ti, 1tb m.2 ssd), but I have some reservations. I read that there were some QC issues with the ribbon cable but they have since been recalled/replaced and any new purchases should not be impacted by the issue. However, it looks like some very recent forum posts show brand new purchases with customers experiencing the issue. Can anyone from Corsair confirm where they stand on this? Am I guaranteed to avoid this QC issue if I order from the Corsair web store instead of from Amazon?

2 - Ideally, I'd like to purchase this model from Amazon so I can also tack on the 4 year replacement plan but it looks like they don't have it available. Is there a plan in place for Amazon to supply this model to their customers or will it remain exclusive to the Corsair web store?

3 - Does Corsair offer an extended warranty on this product?

4 - Does Corsair have any plans to offer upgrade kits for the CPU/GPU/PSU? I'd be way more inclined to purchase the unit if I had an option to upgrade more than just the RAM and HDD/SSD.

5 - Is this image legit? If so, I may just wait for the redesigned unit. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/atta...6&d=1530881562

Last edited by MIS7ERV; 07-10-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Corsair StormShadow's Avatar
Corsair StormShadow Corsair StormShadow is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 423
POST ID # = 963080
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIS7ERV View Post
Hello,

1 - I've been tempted to purchase a Corsair One Elite (1080ti, 1tb m.2 ssd), but I have some reservations. I read that there were some QC issues with the ribbon cable but they have since been recalled/replaced and any new purchases should not be impacted by the issue. However, it looks like some very recent forum posts show brand new purchases with customers experiencing the issue. Can anyone from Corsair confirm where they stand on this? Am I guaranteed to avoid this QC issue if I order from the Corsair web store instead of from Amazon?

2 - Ideally, I'd like to purchase this model from Amazon so I can also tack on the 4 year replacement plan but it looks like they don't have it available. Is there a plan in place for Amazon to supply this model to their customers or will it remain exclusive to the Corsair web store?

3 - Does Corsair offer an extended warranty on this product?

4 - Does Corsair have any plans to offer upgrade kits for the CPU/GPU/PSU? I'd be way more inclined to purchase the unit if I had an option to upgrade more than just the RAM and HDD/SSD.

5 - Is this image legit? If so, I may just wait for the redesigned unit. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/atta...6&d=1530881562
Hi,

1. Our stock is freed from the defect, unfortunately, we cannot say the same for Amazon since the recall with them was not entirely successful.

2. I cannot speak for Amazon. But for Corsair, we're only offering 2 year warranty and at the moment, we have the CS-9000014 and CS-9000016 exclusively available on our web store.

3. We do not.

4. Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would very much like to tell you otherwise but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

5. Yes that image is legitimate! Our CORSAIR ONE V2 is coming soon and it will be better this time, NO MORE RIBBON CABLE ISSUE!
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-13-2018, 04:58 PM
MIS7ERV MIS7ERV is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 963367
MIS7ERV Reputation: 10
Default

Thank you very much for following up! I really want one but I think it would be in my best interest to wait for V2. Are you able to provide a specific time frame for availability?

Last edited by MIS7ERV; 07-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 07-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Corsair StormShadow's Avatar
Corsair StormShadow Corsair StormShadow is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 423
POST ID # = 963375
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIS7ERV View Post
Thank you very much for following up! I really want one but I think it would be in my best interest to wait for V2. Are you able to provide a specific time frame for availability?
Unfortunately I cannot. My apologies.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 07-13-2018, 07:37 PM
MIS7ERV MIS7ERV is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 963384
MIS7ERV Reputation: 10
Default

No problem, totally understand. I'll wait it out.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:39 PM
Canadianbrand Canadianbrand is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 963852
Canadianbrand Reputation: 10
Default

Is there someplace we can sign up for a notification when its available?
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:53 AM
nox_uk nox_uk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 44
POST ID # = 963900
nox_uk Reputation: 10
Default

well spotted! Front audio is handy, currently have that on my M1 but have been considering swapping to a ONE as it's a great design
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 07-20-2018, 02:12 PM
MIS7ERV MIS7ERV is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 964613
MIS7ERV Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianbrand View Post
Is there someplace we can sign up for a notification when its available?
I second this. A notification system would be great. I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket. :)
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 07-20-2018, 05:23 PM
totallyninja totallyninja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 14
POST ID # = 964648
totallyninja Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIS7ERV View Post
I second this. A notification system would be great. I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket. :)
Count me in on this as well! I'd love to buy an Elite, but if this V2 is coming out in the next month or so I don't want to pull the trigger just yet.

Has anyone heard of any other rumors as to when this might come out and what it might entail? If it's just the case change, with more ports on the front, then I might just go ahead and buy now.
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 07-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Corsair StormShadow's Avatar
Corsair StormShadow Corsair StormShadow is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 423
POST ID # = 965085
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10
Default

You guys can just create an account on https://www.corsair.com/us/en/ and you will receive an email whenever we release new product!
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 08-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Spizzi Spizzi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
POST ID # = 967449
Spizzi Reputation: 10
Default

I too have just stumbled upon the Corsair One Elite. Can’t buy it anywhere in the 32GB 1TB m.2-only version. Saw there might be a v2 coming out...probably not available until Thanksgiving. Really too bad as I’m coming from a Mac Pro “trash can” 8-core dual D700, 32GB system and am weighing the One Elite vs. waiting for next gen Mac Pro. First company to release, wins.
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 08-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Tylar Tylar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 967573
Tylar Reputation: 10
Default

It seems that the new Nvidia cards are coming out soon. Will the V2 equipped with the new beast?
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 09-21-2018, 10:55 PM
jmcguire3 jmcguire3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 973698
jmcguire3 Reputation: 10
Default

I'm waiting for the Elite V2, added myself to the notification list, hope it's coming soon!
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 09-22-2018, 12:55 PM
shenalon1981 shenalon1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 973745
shenalon1981 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
Hi,

1. Our stock is freed from the defect, unfortunately, we cannot say the same for Amazon since the recall with them was not entirely successful.

2. I cannot speak for Amazon. But for Corsair, we're only offering 2 year warranty and at the moment, we have the CS-9000014 and CS-9000016 exclusively available on our web store.

3. We do not.

4. Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would very much like to tell you otherwise but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

5. Yes that image is legitimate! Our CORSAIR ONE V2 is coming soon and it will be better this time, NO MORE RIBBON CABLE ISSUE!
Hi StormShadow,

I must admit clause 5 in your comment really bothers me Why?

Well, I bought Crosair One Elite two months ago with my hard earned $3000, the 1tb SSD version (which is gone from your website suddenly). I was super happy with it until a week ago I was started getting black screens while gaming, random freezes, etc. In other words - the ribbon issue. PC is unplayable at this time of writing.

I submitted a ticket and a replacement is on the way right now, but according to your post, only the upcoming V2 will be ribbon free, and I'm not getting it. I'm getting a new V1, probably with a ribbon issue out of the box, and if not, maybe a after a month or two. Do you think it make sense replacing a new unit every two or three months?

If you guys are aware V1 has issues, why are you selling it? is this how a company respect its client hard earned money?

Wasn't expecting this from Corsair, I must admit.

Looking forward to your reply here.
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 10-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Knightmare OO7 Knightmare OO7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 975487
Knightmare OO7 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
Hi,

1. Our stock is freed from the defect, unfortunately, we cannot say the same for Amazon since the recall with them was not entirely successful.

2. I cannot speak for Amazon. But for Corsair, we're only offering 2 year warranty and at the moment, we have the CS-9000014 and CS-9000016 exclusively available on our web store.

3. We do not.

4. Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would very much like to tell you otherwise but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

5. Yes that image is legitimate! Our CORSAIR ONE V2 is coming soon and it will be better this time, NO MORE RIBBON CABLE ISSUE!
The web page for CS-9000016 looks odd, there's no option to buy nor notify when in stock. Is it discontinued or just out of stock?
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.