The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 09:13 AM

POST ID # = 973645
syn-ack Reputation: 10

For what its worth, I was having the freeze problem several times a day on version 3.6.109. Since upgrading to 3.7.99, I have not had a single freeze.

And I probably just jinxed myself now! lol
Old 09-21-2018, 09:28 AM
asyvan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973648
asyvan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn-ack View Post
For what its worth, I was having the freeze problem several times a day on version 3.6.109. Since upgrading to 3.7.99, I have not had a single freeze.

I hope you didn't... because I can confirm my issues are still present with latest. Verified just today.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973649
solarity Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn-ack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by asyvan View Post
I hope you didn't... because I can confirm my issues are still present with latest. Verified just today.
Could both of you please populate your PC system specs, you can sub in details into different areas like I did, if there isn't a spot for it. This will help see if there is something common in the HW. I haven't seen this freezing problem...yet.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:52 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973656
DevBiker Reputation: 76

To confirm that it's the CPUIDSDK, you can rename the CPUIDSDK.dll to something else. This will effectively disable the CPUIDSDK - so you won't have any monitoring outside of native Corsair products - but everything else, including your Corsair stuff will continue to work.

If you do this and it resolves the problem, we can pretty definitively confirm that it's CPUIDSDK.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:31 AM
asyvan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973736
asyvan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
To confirm that it's the CPUIDSDK, you can rename the CPUIDSDK.dll to something else. This will effectively disable the CPUIDSDK - so you won't have any monitoring outside of native Corsair products - but everything else, including your Corsair stuff will continue to work.

If you do this and it resolves the problem, we can pretty definitively confirm that it's CPUIDSDK.
I have renamed both cpuidsdk.dll and cpuidsdk64.dll to _old and will now monitor the system. Will report back in a day or so.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973813
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

Tried renaming and even temporarily removing all three CPUIDDSK files from the iCUE folder. Also restating the service manually. Doesn't seem to help here at all :( The only other folder that has a CPUIDSDK.dll file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Futuremark\SystemInfo which is unrelated and iCUE doesn't use it at all.

Symptoms: iCUE is been working great. I experienced this problem today one hour or so after starting rendering 3D images using 80% CPU, iCUE not updating anything but the RGB. I can still see the physical RGB lights animations change (also anything RGB related works smoothly in iCUE) as I change profiles but no fans or any other metering info update.

When iCUE starts acting up usually HWinfo also stops updating and generally takes long to open or close.

My 3D image app has an affinity from logical cores 3 to 15 leaving core 0-1 free so the system is not choked. After I started noticing problems with iCUE I paused the 3D app (no CPU usage) and even at that point iCUE was unresponsive. Next thing I tried to partially resuscitate iCUE while the 3D app was paused by restarting the service/app.

During idle CPU HWinfo still acts up, to be clear this has nothing to do with my 3D app (at least not directly)...it seems like iCUE has globally messed up sensor reporting somehow.

I have a H115i Pro / LNP / RM1000i / Vengeance LED Ram.

iCUE randomly doesn't see the RM1000i and the Vengeance RAM....and after a while they spontaneously pop up in iCUE's list.

I'm kinda glad I see the RAM going and coming, that tells me is an iCUE issue and nothing to do with my internal NZXT hubs. (both are up and running at all times, I can see their LEDs on)

So, as devices go and come, iCUE stills doesn't update anything. I got it working for about an hour by restarting the service many times.

I guess I need to reboot after I finish rendering to see.

I'm on a clean Win10 install, all working fine except for iCUE (I have nothing in the Dashboard BTW)

I can only assume is a common problem just by the sheer amount of replies in this thread.

Here are my logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16n...diyLLxzyhHFthO

Sys specs:

H500M case.

Ryzen 1800x / Prime X370 Pro / 64GB RAM

RM1000i / H115i Pro / LNP / LL140 Kit / 2x NZXT Hubs last gen.

No EVGA precision installed. I use Afterburner as is much lighter.

Last edited by Sacco Belmonte; 09-23-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:29 AM
augeas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973842
augeas Reputation: 10

I was hoping the recent iCUE update will solve the problem.

No luck for me I am afraid.

In general, it happens 2-3 times a day on each of my four workstations.

I am almost certain high PC load causes it more often than not.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2018-09-23_11-20-38.png (87.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png 2018-09-23_11-21-03.png (386.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:37 AM

POST ID # = 973844

I think so too. iCUE seems to work well for the most part.

I instantly connected CPU load to this issue, it was the most obvious thing.

Funny thing is, once I pause the program using CPU and iCUE is already "broken"is not really possible to bring it fully back.

Must see if closing my 3D app helps. But I'm still rendering.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:40 AM
augeas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacco Belmonte View Post
I think so too. iCUE seems to work well for the most part.

I instantly connected CPU load to this issue, it was the most obvious thing.

Funny thing is, once I pause the program using CPU and iCUE is already "broken"is not really possible to bring it fully back.

Must see if closing my 3D app helps. But I'm still rendering.
Try "Restart iCUE Service" in the "SETTINGS" tab of iCUE

That brings iCUE back to life most of the time.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:05 AM

POST ID # = 973847

I did countless times.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:23 AM
geekgurly's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973852
geekgurly Reputation: 10

Good morning,

I'm new to the forum but created an account to add confirmation to what other posters report with regard to iCue.

I had been using iCue for the past couple of months and it seemed ok - albeit a little more resource hungry than Link. All my Corsair devices were recognized and lighting synced without issue. However, other than that the software (especially after recent updates) has caused some minor instability in my system - especially while gaming. The monitoring portion of the software randomly loses its link to the Corsair devices for which it is responsible. As other posters have suggested, I killed the iCue software and restarted the Corsair service in an attempt to recover iCue and other system functionality but this never works for me. For instance, an annoying issue I was having was with the Corsair Void Pro Wireless headset connectivity. When the iCue software would fail I could not get the headset to power on/off correctly and sound would not be delivered correctly to it until system restart. Another example I had was I could not get the Steam client to reload properly after an iCue episode. Instead, I end up having to restart the system to recover full use of it.

A few days ago, I removed the iCue app from my system and installed the most recent available version of the Corsair Link software. I can't sync the RGB across devices anymore, but my system is stable, hardware is monitored, temperatures handled, gaming and other software now function solidly. There is also not nearly as much system usage from the Link software.

The iCue software is a great idea that I would LOVE to use and have working properly but in its current state is not stable and feels very heavy and clunky in a system that should be able to accommodate it without a blip. Maybe it's just trying to do too much in an AIO solution.

On a positive note, the RGB sync works great in iCue. Compared to other RGB software on the market Corsair is pretty much the best at this. Unfortunately, I need stability more than control over the pretty lights and cool but otherwise not very useful features (i.e., headset equilizer function, "Alexa" like communication from the software, etc.). Less is more - just need a simple app to monitor/maintain Corsair Link items and sync Corsair RGB. I think the monitoring side panel dashboard is nice but it may be weighing on the whole for example. A simple text log is more probably more useful than this GUI. Sorry for nitpicking. I know the devs work hard on this and I hope to use iCue again in the future, but will wait for better releases for the time being.

Thanks for putting up with my two cents. Have a great week. :)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:38 AM

POST ID # = 973857

After rebooting, and even turning the machine completely off iCUE still doesn't see my RAM.

Oh well... :) I hope this bug is quickly found and killed for good. i'm gonna try reinstalling iCUE.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:45 AM

POST ID # = 973859

Downloaded the installer.

The corsair website gives you a "download" file without extension, I needed to figure out it was a msi file.

Tried "Repair" from the installer and it gives an "User account already exists" error.

Soft clapping over here :D :D :D bravo. What a little mess.

Here is the installer log:
Attached Files
File Type: zip msi.zip (48.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:52 AM

POST ID # = 973860

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Still no good. Now iCUE cannot see my H115i Pro.

Tried again renaming CPUIDSDK.dll and windows told me it was being used by Corsair Service.exe (didn't have that before) after stopping the service manually there was still a Corsair.Service.exe instance in task manager that is "access denied", restarting the service manually added an extra Corsair Service.exe in the task manager...will try rebooting.

Ok...well.....I'm out of ideas.

Last edited by Sacco Belmonte; 09-23-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:53 AM
augeas's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacco Belmonte View Post
Downloaded the installer.

The corsair website gives you a "download" file without extension, I needed to figure out it was a msi file.

Tried "Repair" from the installer and it gives an "User account already exists" error.

Soft clapping over here :D :D :D bravo. What a little mess.

Here is the installer log:
I downloaded the installer "iCUESetup_3.7.99_release.msi", no problem here.

And I cannot report any trouble during the installation process.