Corsair Community

H80i V2 bios setting

razy60

Hi, i'm sure this has been covered somewhere but i cant find so,

I have the H80i V2 when i plug it into any of the fan headers on my mobo (Asus z170i gaming) it doesn't show up no rpm just state's N/A yet in corsair link it shows up, but i get 2 options quiet and performance.

Anyone explain why no fan rpm in mobo but CL seems to work?

You should be getting about 1/2 the pump RPM for the fan RPM on that header.

Do you have the header set to 100%/Full Speed? You absolutely need to do that. Please take a look through the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

Cheers for the reply, however i'm getting nothing on the fan header it just says N/A

What does Link say about the Pump RPM? What temperatures are you seeing?

link shows pump rpm as 1800rpm idle then rising to 3000rpm under load, however the rad itself doesn't feel like its getting warmer, plus where i used to see CPU temps in the high 50s in games ect it now shoots up to 70 almost immediately but drops down to normal temps low 30s high 20s pretty quickly. My other AIO which is on my GPU warms up and i can feel the heat build in it, it is also a 49mm thick rad.

I'm trying to determine if the Rad or pump or both have an issue.

1800-3000 pump rpm sounds like a H80i v2, however the pump speed is not supposed to be adjustable on the fly. It is a low/high toggle (Quiet/Performance) and should stay at its setting. That does make it seem like the pump is being run like a fan by the BIOS.

The quick drop down is good. It would be nice is this is just a BIOS setting issue.

Where is the H80i v2 located? Above the GPU rear slot?

1800-3000 pump rpm sounds like a H80i v2, however the pump speed is not supposed to be adjustable on the fly. It is a low/high toggle (Quiet/Performance) and should stay at its setting. That does make it seem like the pump is being run like a fan by the BIOS.

The quick drop down is good. It would be nice is this is just a BIOS setting issue.

Where is the H80i v2 located? Above the GPU rear slot?

It's a bios setting issue, the bios doesn't see the pump so I can't set it to run at any speed, I've tried all the headers makes no difference it fails to see the pump.

It's located at the top where in the cases with DVD drives used to be.

To give some history, i originally ran this system with nzxt cam as I was running a aio cooled gpu the pump for my h80 ran off a fan header set to max speed, I then got a new GPU so uninstalled Cam and installed CL all was fine until I noticed the rapid rise and fall of the temps I then checked the bios and saw that the header was marked as N/A but CL gave the above readings, hence my concern.

I have tried all the headers and all the combination of connecting pump and fans, it seems to run but with unusually high temperatures in games and other applications I feel there is an issue somewhere

I'm just trying to pin it down before I take the plunge and get another AIO.

Thanks for the help.

So this is not just non-recognition but high temps as well? That does change the outlook considerably.

If you see your temps (especially the H80i v2 coolant temp) start off low, but continually build in temperature until you shutdown, you have a pump failure. You may also be able to detect on very hot tube and one cool and general cool air exhaust from the radiator even when temps are high. Vibrations on the pump can be hit or miss. You can have pump action but not adequate flow. However in this case, the non-recognition suggests an electrical issue with the pump and the BIOS no longer recognizes it as a device. It is a little surprising Link still sees it. Are you able to control it Link? Change pump speed, alter fan behavior, etc.?

You need to start a support ticket with Corsair. Make sure you tell them from the start the cooler is not recognized, the fan header is at 100%, and the temperature builds from the start and keeps going (if true).

So this is not just non-recognition but high temps as well? That does change the outlook considerably.

If you see your temps (especially the H80i v2 coolant temp) start off low, but continually build in temperature until you shutdown, you have a pump failure. You may also be able to detect on very hot tube and one cool and general cool air exhaust from the radiator even when temps are high. Vibrations on the pump can be hit or miss. You can have pump action but not adequate flow. However in this case, the non-recognition suggests an electrical issue with the pump and the BIOS no longer recognizes it as a device. It is a little surprising Link still sees it. Are you able to control it Link? Change pump speed, alter fan behavior, etc.?

You need to start a support ticket with Corsair. Make sure you tell them from the start the cooler is not recognized, the fan header is at 100%, and the temperature builds from the start and keeps going (if true).

That's been pretty much the problem non recognition in BIOS but weirdly CL seems able to control the H80.

As for starting a support ticket not sure I can as it's probably 2years old at least and if I remember correctly it was a refurb unit.

Cheers for the help.

Hmm... refurbished warranty may be only 1 year versus the standard 5. It is a little odd. Not seeing the device recognized in the BIOS is usually a very bad sign. However, it should then not been be seen by Link either since it can't get a signal response. At the BIOS level it can't be a software conflict. It reads like a building flow problem, but you mentioned the temps cool off rather quickly. That is not typically true of flow problem.

I am afraid I am running out ideas. Perhaps someone else has a better angle.

Hmm... refurbished warranty may be only 1 year versus the standard 5. It is a little odd. Not seeing the device recognized in the BIOS is usually a very bad sign. However, it should then not been be seen by Link either since it can't get a signal response. At the BIOS level it can't be a software conflict. It reads like a building flow problem, but you mentioned the temps cool off rather quickly. That is not typically true of flow problem.

I am afraid I am running out ideas. Perhaps someone else has a better angle.

Pretty much what has me stumped!

I will check with the retailer but not going to hold out much hope, I may have to look at an alternative unit but sad to say probably not corsair, not for any other reason than i'm going to use a water cooler on my 1080ti so may as well go all in.

• Corsair Employee
I have a feeling that this has something to do with the pump's FW. When your CPU drops around 30, is that when you stop running application, games, etc? or does it just drop while system is under load?

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the pump's FW. When your CPU drops around 30, is that when you stop running application, games, etc? or does it just drop while system is under load?

As soon as i finish running anything, never under load it just shoots up to 70ish.

I have connected it together as per instructions and in various other combinations, it was fine until recently, i am suspicious of the connections as the header connector is a bit loose, but some of the others are loose and work fine.

To add to this Played BF1 this evening temps hit 60-65 but rad was cool to the touch, the fans however ran at something like 900-1000 rpm all the time whereas yesterday under the same conditions temps were roughly the same but the fans ran flat out?. After i finished system sat idle then for no reason the fans just ramped up to the nax but CPU temp was 30ish, which is a new problem!

I've uninstalled cleaned the drivers and reinstalled, i have tried older versions and latest versions.

Are you saying that in the BIOS there is no recognition of anything on the CPU_FAN header? That is where you have the H80 fan connector plugged into, right? And when you click on Q-Fan Control, you can't do anything with the CPU_FAN, since you claim it isn't recognized?

Are you saying that in the BIOS there is no recognition of anything on the CPU_FAN header? That is where you have the H80 fan connector plugged into, right? And when you click on Q-Fan Control, you can't do anything with the CPU_FAN, since you claim it isn't recognized?

Correct. But CL seems to see it?

Saludos a todos, yo tengo una corsair h80i v2 con un socket AM3+, para poder instalarlo tuve q añadirle unas arandelas en la parte posterior de la placa sino no hacia buen contacto y se me disparaba la temperatura hasta q se apagaba el equipo, estas arandelas no se incluyen en los accesorios, una vez q logre q funcionara correctamente, instale los drivers corsair link, los ultimos de este año, y cada vez q inicio el pc, tengo q ir a administrador de dispositivos para habilitar el dispositivo corsair, porque siempre se inicia inhabilitado, y con funcionamiento erróneo, una vez lo habilito funciona aparentemente bien. No se si es el mismo problema q el compañero, pero es parecido.

Just To inform any interested parties,

I have replaced the H80i and Now things are back to where they should be.

I'm running Handbrake to compress some video files, CPU temps are hovering around the 55 mark and usage is at 99% the time to complete the encode is 54mins, whereas before CPU temp would hit 70+ load at 99% and time to finish was 3+hours.

Bios shows correct fan/pump rpm now.

As was suspected the pump was probably failing, I think what was happening was the pump was running at a very low rpm just enough to push some water around hence the high temp at load and the sudden drop in temp when idle.

Cheers to those that helped.

Archived