The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:16 PM
jaguarcult's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929087
jaguarcult Reputation: 10
Default Getting Error 'There is an Older version of Corsair Link already Running"

I get the above stated error and it only allows me to click OK and the application closes. I have uninstalled it, restarted and reinstalled it and I still get the same thing every time. I even stepped back two versions and installed that and got the exact same error.

Everying thing was working fine until 4.9.2.27.

I have run CCleaner to clear my registry of any dead end entries or anything else it saw as a problem, restarted and tried again, I keep getting the same result every time, 'There is an Older version of Corsair Link already Running'. Click OK and no Corsair link at all.

Please advise or just fix the version you submitted.

Thank You
Byron Harper

Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929100
DevBiker Reputation: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarcult View Post
I get the above stated error and it only allows me to click OK and the application closes. I have uninstalled it, restarted and reinstalled it and I still get the same thing every time. I even stepped back two versions and installed that and got the exact same error.

Everying thing was working fine until 4.9.2.27.

I have run CCleaner to clear my registry of any dead end entries or anything else it saw as a problem, restarted and tried again, I keep getting the same result every time, 'There is an Older version of Corsair Link already Running'. Click OK and no Corsair link at all.

Please advise or just fix the version you submitted.

Thank You
Byron Harper
Have you checked task manager for any Corsair Link processes?
Is it running in your system tray?
Can you make sure that you've deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4 (that's the default install location ... or where ever it may be on your system)?
Do you see it in the list for Add/Remove Programs?

Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 AM
ToadfishRebechi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929101
ToadfishRebechi Reputation: 10
Default h110i Incompatibility with Windows 10 [Latest Build]

LINK Software Version: 4.9.2.27
Windows Version: Win10 Home. Version 1703. OS Build 16299.98 [Fall Creators]

Summary: Updating to latest windows 10 build stops h110i from appearing in Corsair Link, and in Device Manager all together. [Drive Issue?]

More Details:
Today Windows 10 installed the Fall Creators update on my PC. Immediately I noticed something was wrong when my h110i fans started trying to launch my PC into orbit.

Upon opening Corsair Link I noticed my h110i pump was not appearing. Link need an update from the previous version. So I upgraded to the latest version. Still not appearing, Link thinks there is no device (*Pic1). Upon checking device manager there was nothing there either (*Pic2).

- Fans are still spinning
- RBG Corsair Logo is still lit up and cycling as it was.

Steps I've Taken to Try Resolve:
- Reinstall program. | Issue Persists
- Power Cycle PC | Issue Persists
- Powering down, unplugging USB cable connected to pump | Issue Persists
- Powering down, switching to different USB 3 header on motherboard | Issue Persists
- Installing 2 different older versions of Corsair Link V4.9.1.23 and V4.8.3.8 | Issue Persists

Conclusion:
- All pump features on Corsair Link were working before Windows 10 Update.
- I believe there is a compatibility issue with the pump drivers and the new Windows 10 build
- One possibility is to roll back to the previous Windows 10 build. My argument against this is I shouldn't have to. I'd rather Corsair acknowledge the issue and fix with an update. Rolling back

Questions for Corsair/Community:
- Is Corsair aware of this issue? If so. Is anything being done to fix compatibility in a future update?
- Is there somewhere I can manually download the pump drivers without needing to use Corsair Link
- Is there anything else I can do to fix the issue? (Other than roll back the update.)

Pic1: https://i.imgur.com/ES2DHTw.png
Pic2: https://i.imgur.com/hItpAof.png

Old 12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929214
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I'm going to assume you did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 FCE?

I've got a couple systems in the lab that had basically clean installs of Windows 10 FCE and reported no issues with 4.9.2.27. It sounds like the upgrade to FCE mangled the driver.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
extremeredline's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929222
extremeredline Reputation: 10

I also get the start up issue with the current version of link. Iam on link 4.9.2.27 also my version windows is Win10 1709 16299.98 the other issue I get with link is the sometimes it will crash after I click on the graphing tab then attempt to move the newly open tab from left to right passed the main link tab. It will force close the graphing tab and wont reopen after I restart link all is good. ( The crash wont happen often)

Old 12-06-2017, 01:03 PM

POST ID # = 929340
rangka_kacang Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post

I've got a couple systems in the lab that had basically clean installs of Windows 10 FCE and reported no issues with 4.9.2.27. It sounds like the upgrade to FCE mangled the driver.
Hello, sir.

Sorry for cross-posting but I appreciate if you could look into this matter http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172586 since it has something to do with this current LINK version. Thank you!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:40 PM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929489
SkinUpMonkey Reputation: 20

Big thanks for the 0RPM fix but shame it was let down by the temp readings. Like some else said it reads in stages and then for some reason I add load to the gpu my temps jump 2c . Since my setup relies on the temp readings I had to go back to 0.2.136.

I did see that it controlled rpm's better since with my pump it would have a range of 400rpm ether side of what I set but the latest FW was spot on.

Also I might be willing to beta test things since you have good hardware but your software/firmware is letting it down big time.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929499
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Honestly this seems like pretty normal behavior. GPU and CPU temps tend to fluctuate pretty wildly, a 2C jump isn't unheard of at all. Are you running a custom curve?

We're looking at adding hysteresis to the fan curves in a future build to help smooth out some of this behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinUpMonkey View Post
Big thanks for the 0RPM fix but shame it was let down by the temp readings. Like some else said it reads in stages and then for some reason I add load to the gpu my temps jump 2c . Since my setup relies on the temp readings I had to go back to 0.2.136.

I did see that it controlled rpm's better since with my pump it would have a range of 400rpm ether side of what I set but the latest FW was spot on.

Also I might be willing to beta test things since you have good hardware but your software/firmware is letting it down big time.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:43 PM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929525
SkinUpMonkey Reputation: 20

Quote:
Honestly this seems like pretty normal behavior. GPU and CPU temps tend to fluctuate pretty wildly, a 2C jump isn't unheard of at all. Are you running a custom curve?

We're looking at adding hysteresis to the fan curves in a future build to help smooth out some of this behavior.
I should have been more clear, the temp I'm reading is water and has never change 2c so fast and then stop going up.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Globespy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929614
Globespy Reputation: 10

Quote:

It sounds like Corsair didn't bother testing theirs thoroughly enough before releasing it? I mean, it's just the largest OS on the planet and has been in Creators edition for 6 months+

Microsoft has to try to be compatible with hundreds of thousands (likely much more) of hardware devices, drivers and software programs and myriad configurations of all of these. They still provide drivers that for the vast majority just work. Of course they are a very large company with lots of resources, we all know that.
But you guys only have to ensure (in this case) your one driver and your one software program that's locked to your hardware device works with that OS. And I know you had the FCE in your lab long before any of the consumers on this thread had it. So what's going on in that 'lab' of yours exactly?

Hmmm...yeah, blame Microsoft (read: anyone else other than yourselves)

PS - fix the missing minimize to tray on launch feature your genius staff removed
PPS - haven't had coffee yet, sorry if this comes across as terse. It's just annoying as a fellow techy that we have this culture of always pointing the finger in any direction other than ourselves.

Last edited by Globespy; 12-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:45 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929616
DevBiker Reputation: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globespy View Post
Microsoft has to try to be compatible with hundreds of thousands (likely much more) of hardware devices, drivers and software programs and myriad configurations of all of these. Yet providing drivers that for the vast majority just work.
Yet, you guys only have to ensure you one driver works with that OS. And I know you had the FCE in your lab long before any of the consumers on this thread had it. So what's going on in that 'lab' of yours exactly?
Let me let you in on a little secret: Microsoft writes very few drivers. Even the ones that say that they were provided by "Microsoft". They get drivers from the OEMs, certify them, and then include them in the OS or on Windows Update as a convenience for users.
And they may have had preview releases of FCE in their lab but they don't get the release/gold bits any sooner than the rest of the world. Even the "RC" builds on the Fast Insiders Ring aren't exactly the same as the RTW build.
Source: I worked at Microsoft for 9 years.
There have been numerous driver issues with the FCE and not only Corsair. On my wife's laptop, the Intel display drivers freaked out and had to be removed and then reinstalled. INTEL.
Quote:
Hmmm...yeah, blame Microsoft (read: anyone else other than yourselves)
He wasn't blaming Microsoft, just suggesting that the FCE may have narfed things. There was no analysis of why. And it's not an unreasonable suggestion. And believe me ... after 9 years inside the beast, I got really tired of people blaming Microsoft for their own stupidity. And I still do. This doesn't appear to be one of those cases.
Quote:
PS - fix the missing minimize to tray on launch feature your genius staff removed
In the grand scheme of things, if that's your biggest complaint, it's pretty minor. It doesn't break anything. Functionality still works. It's cosmetic and incredibly minor. Please, for the love of all that is holy, get off the minimize thing.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Iveben Kruzen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929665
Iveben Kruzen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
In the grand scheme of things, if that's your biggest complaint, it's pretty minor. It doesn't break anything. Functionality still works. It's cosmetic and incredibly minor. Please, for the love of all that is holy, get off the minimize thing.
I would assume people will stop reporting "the minimize thing" when it gets corrected by Corsair. So until then people will report it. By the way who are you to tell them stop reporting any of the issues that you find minor, it's their systems and if they want them running properly then they should have that option. Not all Corsair users are PC savvy and just want things to work properly.

Three weeks later and still no fix for such a (what you call) minor problem, that is the problem not anything else.

Last edited by Iveben Kruzen; 12-08-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 929688
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Thanks for your comments everyone. Link v4.9.3.25 has been released.

The new discussion thread is located here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172932

This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread