Corsair Community

Corsair 570X exhaust fans question

nlewis

Hey everyone.

Based on my current plan, I will be mounting a Corsair H115i behind the three SP120 RGB fans in the front of the case, and mounting the fans that come with the cooler on the back of the radiator for a push/pull combo. I still need my exhaust fans, and this is where I'm looking for advice.

My two options I am considering are...

1) Go with three more SP120 RGB fans to mount for top and back exhaust.

2) Go with three ML120 Pro LED fans to mount for top and back exhaust.

My question here is, with the Corsair H115i in the front, will the three SP120 RGB fans be able to provide enough airflow as exhaust fans?

Three more SP120 RGB fans likely provide the best visual aesthetics and that is also plenty of airflow. No matter what kind of fan you put in those back three slots, you will always have more exhaust capability than intake. The radiator is a substantial restriction and at 1000 rpm, you might only be moving 35-45 cfm through it from both fans combined.

ML fans certainly work and are of good quality. However, you definitely do not need a 2400 rpm fan for those spots. If you don't want more LED fans or are looking for a dual purpose fan that can be used anywhere, then perhaps the ML would have more utility, but I would lean toward the getting all 6 of my fans on the light box for maximum effect.

Archived