Corsair Community

VX550W switching infinite loop on/off/on/off

ro2nie

Whenever I turn on the computer, the PSU will enter an infinite loop where it will connect power and disconnect, connect and disconnect on and on.

It connects and disconnects about every 1/2 a second, so it doesnt even power up the computer, but it spins the PSU fan and the CPU fan but very slowly and switching on and off in a loop.

The motherboard (Asrock 775Dual-vsta) works very well with my old PSU which I am replacing with this new Corsair VX550W.

I tried this VX550W PSU on another PC and it works very well... So I dont know what the problem is here...

I could blame the Astock 775Dual-vsta motherboard, but im not sure, because the 775Dual-vsta motherboard works very well with this old PSU.

Does anyone know what this problem could be? Could it be an incompatibility between the Asrock 775Dual-vsta and the Corsair VX550W?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
There are likely 2 possibilities. One is that the PSU is tripping the "Over Current Protection" or "Over Voltage Protection" due to an out of spec signal from the motherboard. The second possibility is that there may be a bad component in the PSU. Since the PSU is working in a different system, that would rule out a failing component in the PSU. Its possible that your older PSU does not have OCP/OVP or maybe it is just not as sensitive.

There are likely 2 possibilities. One is that the PSU is tripping the "Over Current Protection" or "Over Voltage Protection" due to an out of spec signal from the motherboard. The second possibility is that there may be a bad component in the PSU. Since the PSU is working in a different system, that would rule out a failing component in the PSU. Its possible that your older PSU does not have OCP/OVP or maybe it is just not as sensitive.

Thanks for the info RAM GUY...

I think the problem is inside the PSU... I tried changing the BIOS settings to defaults and turning off over voltage protection from the motherboard, but when I put the VX550W it just doesn't work... It keeps turning on/off/on/off...

Thanks for your help

• Corsair Employee

We can try replacing the unit for you if you would like to rule it out completely, just use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Although if you do not have any problems with the PSU in a different system, then I would suspect some other issue.

We can try replacing the unit for you if you would like to rule it out completely, just use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Although if you do not have any problems with the PSU in a different system, then I would suspect some other issue.

OK thanks, will do that...

Thanks for your help RAM GUY

Archived