Corsair Community

Any ASUS motherboard issues?

Bob Holmes

I got an ASUS M2N nForce 430 motherboard and had problems from the start. My power supply would power everything up for a second or two, then everything shut down.

I intend to get in touch with Zipzoomfly and RMA it very soon and the Corsair PSU's look really promising, but - are there any compatibility issues known with ASUS boards?

I'm probably older than most who post here (65 this past September), not very computer smart, and don't have anybody around to help me if/when I get into trouble. What I'm looking for is something that won't be a problem (yeah, I know about the "perfect world" thing). My new power supply sure seems to have been one.

Any help will really be appreciated.

I got an ASUS M2N nForce 430 motherboard and had problems from the start. My power supply would power everything up for a second or two, then everything shut down.

I intend to get in touch with Zipzoomfly and RMA it very soon and the Corsair PSU's look really promising, but - are there any compatibility issues known with ASUS boards?

I'm probably older than most who post here (65 this past September), not very computer smart, and don't have anybody around to help me if/when I get into trouble. What I'm looking for is something that won't be a problem (yeah, I know about the "perfect world" thing). My new power supply sure seems to have been one.

Any help will really be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Our PSUs support the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 standards and are backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems. Your motherboard should meet this specification and should be compatible with our PSUs, it should list supported ATX spec in the motherboard manual if you want to double check.

Archived